Chapter 42: Did I Interrupt Something?

"How is he doing?" Hawks sidekicks asks Mirko

"What do you think?" Mirko says with annoyance. She walks over towards Hawks office and knocks on his door.

It's been 24 hours since Y/N has been kidnapped. Hawks hasn't slept within the 24 hours, instead he's been looking through surveillance videos making sure he didn't miss anything and he didn't.

Knock knock

Hawks ignores the knocks and Mirko lets herself in. Hawks not looking up at her once.

"Hawks. You need to eat something, come on." Mirko attempts to drag him out of his chair but he doesn't budge.

"How could I let this fucking happen?" Hawks whispers as he stares at his computer screen

"Hawks..." Mirko crotches down and puts her hand onto his, "this is Y/N we are talking about. Do you know how fucking bad ass she is? For all we know she is giving them a run for their money."

Hawks smiles at Mirko's comment.

"who did you see in the video?" Mirko asks

"Dabi." Hawks says, "I know Dabi won't hurt her but he is with Shigaraki and I don't know what they would want with Y/N. That scares me."

"What the fuck is the League up to now?!" Mirko thinks

"Hawks, come on. Let's take a break from this and get you something to eat."

Hawks agreed and finally stood up. They exit his office and he grabs one of his sidekicks by the shirt

"You call me as soon as there is an update on Y/N." Hawks says in a serious tone

"Hawks. Let's go." Mirko says as she holds the elevator doors open for him.

"Yo-you got it boss." The sidekicks says. Hawks continue walking to the elevator and they make their way down.

"What do you feel like eating?" Mirko asks

"I'm not hungry." Hawks says, "figured we can walk around and find any camera blind spots." Hawks points towards a back road that seems narrow and dark.

"Alright." Mirko agrees and they begin walking down the road

Mirko spots something shiny on the ground. She jumps over while Hawks catches up to her.

"Holy shit." Mirko picks up the object and shows Hawks. It was her engagement ring still connected to the chain.

Hawks grabs it and looks around to see if anyone was watching them. Tears begin to fall down onto his cheek.

"We will find her." Mirko says, Mirko grabs her phone and makes a call to Endeavor

"Endeavor! Hey, we need some help looking for Y/N."

Hawks can hear yelling on the other side of the phone call

"WHAT?! MOONSTAR IS MISSING?!" Endeavor shouts, "WHY THE FUCK WASN'T I NOTIFIED RIGHT AWAY!?"

"End- Endeavor! Please we really need help." Mirko begs

"I'll be down at Hawks Agency. We are coming now." Endeavor says

Hawks and Mirko walk back to the agency. He puts on Y/N necklace and tucks it into his shirt. No way was he going to let it out of his sight.

Within 10 minutes Endeavor walked into the building with Shoto, Deku, and Bakugo.

"Mirko! Where is Hawks?" Endeavor asks

Deku, Shoto, and Bakugo started talking to the Hawks sidekicks and looking at the surveillance videos.