Chapter 5: Don't always trust a pretty face and a nice smile

As usual another day of school progresses in their second hour class. This particular morning the teacher has an announcement to make. "We have another new student transferring today. Class this is Victoria Lewis. She's studying aboard from the city."

"It's a pleasure to be here." The girl says with a small bow.

Brooklynn looks up from flipping through her noteboook to see a girl standing in front of the room. Having on the typical school uniform and short green hair with bright blue eyes. She's really cute and it's suprising to see a new student transfer in right after her. Sonny who was originally doodling in his notebook stops as soon as she starts talking.

"Looks like we have another new student," Raylen voices from behind. Victoria going to take the extra desk brought in by the window.

With that the lesson begins as usual but Sonny for one can't stop staring at her. This is intriguing behavior to her since he's never acted this way before. "Someone seems to be interested in the new girl," she teases. Snapping him out of his fixated gaze.

"Huh? Yeah, I guess..." he mumbles, returning his attention up front. That isn't the reaction Brooklynn was hoping for, but she doesn't get the chance to pry any further before being called up to the board.

After class has ended Brooklynn goes over to Victoria's desk as she is still gathering her belongings. "Welcome to Langfield. My name is Hira Collins. I know how it feels to be the new girl. If you need any help on where classes are you can always ask me."

"Oh, are you new here too? Thanks, I'll definitely keep that in mind," she replies, giving a sweet smile.

Josef walks up joining in on the conversation. "I think you will really enjoy your stay here. My name is Josef. It's a pleasure to meet you, Victoria."

"Please just call me Vicki," she insists, and it's cool to hear she has a nickname also. Even if Brooklynn can't go by her's here.

Sonny who has been waiting 'oh so patiently' graps Brooklynn's wrist trying to guide her towards the door. Although this time she doesn't budge one inch. "Let's go, Hira. We are going to be late to third hour."

"We still have plenty of time."

"I better hurry myself. It'll be bad showing up late on my first day in the class. Thank you all for being so welcoming. I hope I see you later on today." The girl hurrying past them out the room.

"It's surprising to see someone else enrolling here so soon. Hopefully she likes it here." Josef following her out leaving the other two alone, as students of the next hour start coming inside.

Heading down the hall Sonny and Brooklynn walk in awkward silence. Glancing over at the boy who appears to be in deep thought.

What is his deal excatly? I thought he was interested in her but he wouldn't even speak to her. Maybe Sonny was just too shy though it didn't come off like butterflies was the case.

The more she ponders his odd behavior the clearer it becomes she can't simply let this go. "You could've introduced yourself to her. For someone who couldn't stop staring during the lesson I thought you'd at least say hi. Don't tell me you were too scared to talk to her. I didn't take you to be that type of person."

"That has nothing to do with it. Even if i was I'm not like you with Josef. I would talk to the girl directly rather than stalk them from the shadows." He finishes with a smirk and his usual smart remarks is making her blood boil.

"Shut up! I'm not a stalker I-"

"I want you to stay away from that girl." His tone suddenly firm and expression serious. A complete change of attitude from just moments before.