Chapter 1: Anything but boring day

The next morning the men in black arrive to take Brooklynn. They had to spend the practically whole night packing. She only got the chance to call Ashley and Dena over the phone to explain the situation. Honestly wishing she could have saw her friends one last time before she has to go. But by this hour the girls must already be arriving at school.

She slowly makes her way to the foot of the steps as her Grandma and Grandpa exchange a few words with them. Once done her Grandmother signals the girl to come foward.

"When this is all over I get to come back home, right?"

"Oh course you do, Sweetie."

"Please take good care of her," Grandpa tells them, and the two nod in reply.

Her Grandma places her hands on her shoulders with a rare troubled look on her face. "I know this is scary for you but please be brave, Brooke. A lot is riding on this but you won't be alone."

"Our Brooke has always been a trooper. So go on and do what you need to make it back home safe, or your old Grandpa will go off on these detectives. Who's tellin what will happen to me then." She chuckles knowing he's clearing trying to add a little humor to ease her worries.

Brooklynn hugs them both tightly as they stay like that for a while, until she finally forces herself to break free. She's still in shock over all of this but they looked more scared than herself. Even if the girl has no idea what's in store she doesn't want them stressing about her safety at their age.

"I will come back home, I promise." Assuring as confidently as she can muster. With goodbyes having to end they wave as she follows the detectives out the door.

The two men lead to a limo parked in front of her house. This is her first time seeing one in person like this. "We're really riding in this?"

"Pretty sweet, isn't it? Go ahead and get in the back." The red haired man instructs, grabbing the passenger seat. Glasses guy takes the wheel as she opens the back door of the car to set her luggage inside first. Only to stumble back a little when noticing a boy about her age sitting on the opposite side.

"Hi there."

"H-Hello," she greets slowly, taking a seat and bulking up. Her mind is still all over the place but she's sure some boy was never mentioned to her yesterday. The teen has messy ginger hair and ocean blue eyes. Wearing a green and white plaid shirt that has a crest on it and badge pants. It appears to be some kind of school uniform.

"Where are we going? My Grandparents said it would be much better if you explained than they did."

"We're taking you to your new school." The red head answers, and that's what she was afraid of. So she really will have to transfer.

"Why can't I just go to my old school?"

"You have to go to a school in Chadlen for now. It will make things easier." The other man states, not taking his eyes off the road.

That means she won't be going to school with her friends anymore. If it isn't already bad enough she has to leave home. Brooklynn very much wishes this is all some crazy long dream, and she'll wake up to her normal life. Though knows that isn't going to happen.

"My name is Jerry just so you know, and this is Ron. We work with a special SP unit within the government that handles crazy disasters like this. And that boy next to you is Sonny. He will be your guardian and protect you on your mission."

"It's nice to meet you, Brooklynn."

"This is too much," she groans, sinking further down in her seat. Her eyes go to the window as she watches them drive past her now old school. They'll soon be leaving Ymirk Creek across to the bustling town several miles away from here. She could ask stuff like where will she be living now? Or if she does have powers how come she hasn't used them? But her mind can't take anymore surprises at the moment, and the rest of the way is drove in silence.