Chapter 9: The final test

During another boring day in class Brooklynn can't seem to stop thinking about the final test. Raylen glances up at the girl staring off into space. Then giving her a light tap on the shoulder. "Hira, is something wrong?"

"Huh? Oh, no, it's nothing."

Apparently she isn't the only one bored by the lesson as girls start whispering across the room. "The school dance is coming up. Are you going?"

"If I just had a date. I wish someone would ask me." Her red head friend mumbles with a sigh.

"But this is one of the biggest events at Langfield. You won't be able to go next year."

"There's a school dance coming up?" The burnette asks Raylen who's now gone back to writing in her packet.

"Yeah, just next week at a hall not far from the school. The student council is in charge of throwing it every year."

A fancy ball coming up! What if Josef was to ask me?!

Brooklynn's mind drifting away to her standing in the middle of a ballroom. Josef spots her a small smile forming on his lips as he approaches the girl. When Jennifer and Nicole try to intervene the blonde shoved through them both. The girls landing flat on their faces as he quickly kneels down to Brooklynn. "The beauty you have tonight is absolutely breathtaking. My princess, let us dance the night away. Just you and me."

"I wouldn't want anything more, my prince." Everyone clears from the dance floor allowing the two of them to take over. Just when the music stops they both slowly lean in for the kiss.

"Josef..." She gushes, Raylen letting out a sigh.

"Tons of girls will be asking Josef to dance. It's a low possibility in scoring a date with him, so you shouldn't get carried away."

"Maybe but I'm still hoping. Are you going to the dance?"

"I'll probably pass. I don't really care for dances."

The sound of chalk on the board suddenly pauses from its writing. The teacher turning and shushing the few students continuing to chat rather than focus on his lesson. Brooklynn faces foward in her seat going back to her packet, and soon enough the last period bell rings. Gathering her belongings she says goodbye to Raylen before going to meet Sonny in the hallway. Even after the whole Cheryl incident she's happy at least one good thing came out of it. Her and Raylen still do continue to talk now, making some of her classes a bit more entertaining.

"Homework will have to wait today. Ron and Jerry said they'll be coming right after school. Oh, and make sure you bring your mask with you," Sonny explains. The two heading straight for the dormitory to prepare.

...

Sure enough it's a short wait until they arrive. Hopping in the backseat as usual the limo takes off down the street. However this time the car turns a different route than normal. She's been to the agency enough now to know they're going the wrong direction. She peeps her head up front where Ron's eyes are focused on the road. "Um, we are going to the agency for this test, right?"

"Actually no, it'll be somewhere different for today. You will understand more when we get there." Is the only explanation the younger agent gives her. The girl sighing as she flops back in her seat looking out the window. Whatever it is she'll make sure to pass this with flying colors.

Going to the new location the drive is much shorter as they stop by a grassy field. The cloudy sky creating a gloomy look despite the time. With the rundown seesaw and broken swings it appears to be a very old park. "Is this really the place? It looks like a child hasn't stepped foot here in years," she asks, while exiting the vehicle.