Chapter 8: Identity uncovered!

Getting into the limo Jerry takes driver seat as they heads towards the agency. The group of four riding in a peaceful quiet as the burnette gazes out the window.

"Oh, I have something to give the two of you." Ron breaking the silence as he pulls out twin masks of cartoon characters. Handing the girl one to Brooklynn and the other to Sonny.

"What are these for?" she questions.

"I purchased them to further keep your identity a secret. With Ryder the media found out he was the next Felixa after a fight in broad daylight. As mentioned before they only make things more difficult for us. Right now people only know your name, which is why you are to go by a fake one. But if people catch you using your powers in public, it'll be the same mistake all over again."

"Oh, that makes sense..." They have no idea when Duran or any of the others will launch another suprise attack. Thankfully with the last incident no one found them out, but they can't always be so lucky.

"Basically you just want us to hold on to this so if something ever arises?" Sonny asks, and the red head at the wheel nods.

"Yup, make sure you keep them on you at all times."

"Hey, does the media know you're identity already? Since you helped Ryder and all," Brooklynn questions.

"Actually no. We were caught in a fight one late night and during it Ryder gained his power of light. He managed to wrap up the battle just as some had witnessed him using his power. It isn't common knowledge that the Felixa has a partner, since it wasn't the case for Amethyst. People just assumed I was a normal bystander."

"I see..." If people had known Sonny was with him figuring out she was chosen next would be quite obvious. Though she wonders where was he when the first girl died. Did he not discover his powers yet? Before she can ask anything else Ron announces that they're nearly there.

After dropping the kids off at the entrance both detectives take their leave. Informing they'll get the new belongings in her room set up while they're busy practicing. The two head up to the training room she's grown accustomed to visiting by now. "So, what's on our agenda today?"

"I'm going to teach you your last two powers, the laser and flash abilities." Carrying over a stool from the side of the room, Sonny sets it down in front of her. "I want you to split this chair in half with your laser ability. Just as any other spell it only requires control and concentration. Be extra cautious with this one though. These lasers are strong enough to cut through just about any object. Though with human skin it works different, and the most it'll do is burn us a bit."

"Okay, got it." Taking a deep breath she only hopes to have more control than when trying the ice ability for the first time. Sonny observes from behind her as she tries to clear her mind. The laser shoots out so fast it's a little hard to aim. Nearly slicing one of the exercise equipment across from her into pieces. Though the ginger manages to interfere before she can. The absolute last thing she needs to do is cause Ron and Jerry even more money. Fortunately after a couple more attempts she's able to split the chair right into two. "That was awesome after I got the hang of it!"

"Good, you've definitely improved. However this last power will probably be the hardest to master. You will use your flash ability, like the move you witnessed Gores pull on your first night here. Think in your head where you want to teleport to, and block out everything else."

Closing her eyes Brooklynn tries again and again to use the ability but nothing seems to happen. Thinking much harded her eyes squint tightly shut as she brawls up fists in frustration. "Just breathe. This won't work unless you're in a calm state." She hears Sonny's advice echo through the darkness, and similar to the car incident her mind begins to relax. After what feels like forever she finally teleports by the entrance.