Chapter 20.5: Origins

(A/N Hello all! I usually don't have notes at the beginning of the chapter, but as the title suggests this is a special update. This will show what lead to the curse being released. A few POV changes so bear with me. Also have music posted up top that I feel really fits with the end of the chapter^^)

(Akira POV)
It was another typical evening as the pink haired male just finished up dinner on the stove. His little sister hummed to herself at the kitchen table as she did her homework. Another figure entered the room opened up the fridge with a sigh.

"How many times have I told you to stop singing that song?" he snapped, and the girl to sunk low in her chair.

"Sorry dad..."

"I'm going to be leaving out in a few minutes."

"You're skipping out on dinner again? Even after I cooked your favorite tonight..." Akira mumbled, as he wiped the stove down and waited for a typical excuse.

"You know I said I'm going on an important quest with your grandfather tonight. Besides, the smell of that stew makes my stomach turn."

"It use to be your favorite meal back when mom was alive. All the pictures that held precious memories are gone, because you couldn't stand to look at them anymore. The anniversary of her death pasted again, and like every year you wouldn't even come with us to visit her grave!" The teen slammed the dirty dishes in the sink, and it was complete silence for a moment.

"I'm not going through this right now, Akira. Make sure your sister gets her homework done and goes to bed on time." Georgi grabbed a bottle from the fridge before he stormed off out the house. This behavior wasn't shocking to them in the least. He's had in such a state for over four years, and time just seemed to make it even worse.

"Hey Aki, do you think we'll ever see the old dad again?" Isabelle asked, green eyes filled with sadness. He couldn't afford to show her any kind of doubt. The boy needed to stay strong for his sister.

"Yeah, I'm sure we will one day. Just have to be patient, okay?"

"Alright..."

"Come on, I can help you with your worksheets later. Dinner is getting cold...And just remember even if he doesn't change, I'll always be around to watch over you." Those words brought a small smile to her face. The two cleaned up so they could set the table for supper.

(Georgi POV)
Duran followed by his second son approached the dark ruins hiding in the shadows. He was sure to map out security patrol precisely, so they could sneak in with ease. Before moving forward he once more doubled checked their equipment. They were both armed with high class weapons, and had in hand the alchemy potions he made. Also the most important item being the camera around his neck. Nothing was missing which meant they're all set to go.

"It's time now, dad. We've been preparing weeks for this mission, and tonight we make history."

"You know what it is we agreed on beforehand. If things turn for the worst we are to retreat immediately. It's pointless to do such a grand mission if we can't live to enjoy the reward. More importantly I don't want to see anything happen to you, my son."