Chapter 10: True power of light

Sonny drags the burnette over to the crowd and Raylen is the first to greet them. "Hi, Hira. Sonny invited me to get ice cream with you guys." She has on a short black dress with red and green butterfly design at the bottom half and sandals. Her white hair all tyed up in a ponytail with a large red bow.

"Your dress is really cute," Brooklynn compliments, forgetting her earlier anger.

"Thanks, I bought it not too long ago."

"It's nice to see you outside of school for once, Hira," Josef says, grabbing her attention. He's wearing a short sleeved orange checkered top buttoned up with a black shirt underneath and blue pants. Flashing a charming smile and she feels her face burning up. Only managing a witty reply as Sonny rolls his eyes.

"Now that we're all here let's head in." Kite taking lead as they all follow inside the shop.

The group of five takes a seat in a booth towards the back. Everyone grabbing a menu from the center of the table. "I'll go with the triple chocolate surprise." Kite choses first hardly looking the thing over for a minute. Brooklynn turns to the blonde who's sitting to the left of her.

"What are you ordering, Josef?"

"I don't know yet. It has been a while since I last came. It's your first visit, right?"

"Yeah, I've been around town a bit but not here."

"This is one of the best ice cream shops in Chadlen. I'm sure you'll like what they have to offer."

"I'll be ordering specials one, three, and eight!" Sonny exclaims, and she quickly flips through the pages to see what exactly he's referring to. On the very back are several special serves that cost way more than the rest of the menu. He's doing this deliberately because she's stuck paying.

"What! You're picking all the expensive stuff!

"No, I'm just picking what looks good. Oh, I guess that is all of the expensive stuff. Luckily for me it's your treat!"

"I can't believe this jerk," Brooklynn growls, the earlier anger burning inside her once more. However she won't allow him to get her worked up and Josef's here. It's the first time they're hanging out like this, so she has to make a good impression.

"Raylen, you aren't ordering anything?" Kite questions, her the only one without a menu.

"I come here all the time so I'll just have the usual mint chocolate chip." After everyone decides what they want gets in line to order. It's only a short wait until they recieve their ice cream. Brooklynn mouth watering at the strawberry shortcake bowl she picked. Giving it a try the strawberry flavor tingles her taste bubs quickly downing another spoonful.

This is so good! I should order another but I wouldn't want to look like a pig in front of Josef. I mean Raylen only ordered one bowl.

She hasn't had any in a minute but this is much better than the store bought back home. Contently eating her ice cream as Josef glances over with a smirk. "I would ask if you like it but it seems that's already been established." Following his gaze to her already near empty bowl.

"That's...what about you? I'm sure-"
But naturally most of his still remains and same goes for everyone else. Well besides Sonny who has made progress to reach his second bowl of cookies and cream. Causing her to unintentionally shoot him another glare remembering she has to pay for all of those.

"Hira, something wrong?"

"Huh, everything is fine." Brooklynn shooving another bite in a little too fast, causing the spoon to drop and hands fly to her head.