Chapter 22: The last sunset

In the end Jerry did stay true to his word. Them bring able to make it to school just in the nick of time. When second hour rolls around the students are called outside to board the bus. Everyone eagerly chats away as the pair just reaches the parking lot. There's many students she doesn't recognize that's definitely not apart of their class.

"Hi, Raylen," Sonny greets, as the shorter female approaches them.

"Good afternoon, Sonny, Hira." Today she has on a dark pink sleeves shirt with capris that has colorful flowers decorating them. Her silver hair is in two braids with small matching ribbons at the end compared to her usual big ones. There are a few bracalets on her wrist, though one standing out amongst the others.

"That's the friendship bracelet I gave you..."

"Yeah, I decided to wear it today. It looks like we're on the same page," she says, spotting the girl's own wrist.

"Hehe, seems that way."

"Hey, when did you get that now?"

"Huh?" Checking where Raylen is pointing at the band aid on her arm. Brooklynn's magic can heal most things, but minor injuries have to recover on there own. Such small scraps shouldn't catch much attention, however often as she gets them it's hard to overlook. They already lied to Kite a few days ago saying Sonny got hurt from falling off his skateboard.

"Oh, well, um, I just had a slip up in the kitchen again! I'm really not the best cook," she replies, hoping for her to buy the lie.

"I see. You should be more careful."

"Right, I'll try my best."

"Um, there is something else I wanted to ask you..." Raylen glancing at Sonny on his phone before pulling the burnette in close. "Well I know you went to the dance with Josef and all but...do you like Sonny?"

It doesn't take a genius to know what kind of 'like' she's referring to. Thrown off by her question she nearly shouts out that causing a few to stare, including the boy right next to them. Playing it off before huddling towards her friend once again. "Me like him? Don't be ridiculous! I have a crush on Josef, you know that."

"I see. I just thought..." So even Raylen has noticed her mixed emotions. Heck she couldn't even fool herself with this act.

"Actually to be honest...I'm not really sure where my feelings lie." A darn shame but the hard truth. She really is interested in Josef even after seeing the real him, but the way she felt with Sonny at the skating ring the other day. Who does she truly like now? Brooklynn should know the answer to such question, but her heart stings are in knots.

Does it really make a difference either way? Regardless if it does turn out to be Sonny tomorrow he'll be...

"I'm sure you will figure it out. Love can be a complicated thing so just give yourself some time."

"Yeah, you're right..."

The teachers call for them to board the bus the girls taking a seat next to each other. Brooklynn's suprised at who's suddenly sitting in the seat in front of them by Sonny. "What's up, Hira."

"Kite?" He's wearing long badge shorts with a white and light blue t-shirt that has some kind of logo and a matching cap. This confirms there's students joining that's not in their class. "I didn't know you'd be here."

"I'm in Ms. Queen's class which is also going on this field trip."

"Explains why I saw some many students not in our class." It will be more fun with both Raylen and Kite coming along. She wants to make as much memories as possible while they're all together.