Chapter 6: Close call

Sonny waits outside by the classroom tapping his feet as the hallways grow more empty. He has been to his locker and waited by the front door, before then checking the classroom again. That turns into nervous pacing as it's still no sight of her at all. "Something is up. Should I call-No! I can't jump to conclusions just yet. I should look for her myself before worrying them."

(Brooklynn POV)
The trio goes on a shoppping sphere the store Victoria originally wanting to visit only first on their list. Brooklynn doesn't have all that much to spend, but just hanging out with them like this is fun enough for her. The sun getting lower in the sky they make a small jewelry store their next destination. "I really have to head back to the dorms after this. I know it's still a bit early but I have homework that needs finished up tonight," Raylen says as they walk inside.

"Alright, I understand. Just me and Hira could go around a little longer then. We'll still be back by curfew time. Is that okay with you?" She questions, glancing back and Brooklynn slowly nods.

"Sure, why not."

"Perfect and thanks again for coming with me girls. I wouldn't had nearly as much fun by myself."

"We had a lot of fun too. I'm happy I was able to make it." Brooklynn responds with a grin as each girl goes off their own way. Browsing around the shelves she spots a certain pair of bracelets straped together. Without a second thought she grabs them to purchase. Once they're all done looking they gather out front. Each girl sharing what they picked up.

The vibrations from her pocket for the billionth time forces Brooklynn to check her messages. As expected they're all from Sonny now regretting she exchanged contact information with him. She scrolls down to read the most recent one.

Sonny- Where are you Brooke?! It's been nearly three hours now! I've checked all over the school and dormitory. I don't know if you're skipping out or if something actually happened. Please just answer me once you see this.

The text leaving a sour feeling in her stomach. She really shouldn't be making Sonny worry like this, but they will be back soon and she'll explain everything to him then.

"Hira? Something wrong?" Victoria asks with a hint of concern in her soft voice. Brooklynn rapidly shaking her head while stuffing away her cellphone.

"No, I'm okay! Actually Vicki, Raylen, I have something to give you." She pulls out the just bought bracelets from her bag. Taking them loose and holding one out for the each of them.

"You're...giving these to us?" Raylen asks, sounding more surprised by the gesture.

"Yeah, when I first came to this school I was upset with the change. I wanted to stay with my old friends at the same school, though now I've befriened the two of you and I'm not so lonely anymore. Uh, it might seem childish to give friendship bracelets, but it's just my way of saying thanks." She finishes with a sheepish smile and Raylen is first to accept.

"It's really pretty. Thanks a lot, Hira."

They both look over to Victoria who has been quiet the entire time. Her expression is hard to decipher with her blue eyes staring silently. "Vicki, don't you like it?"

"Yes! Of course I love it. Thank you, Hira. I'm...getting pretty tired so let's just call it a day." Quickly putting the charm bracelet on her wrist, and starts off ahead of them down the street. The two exchange glances as Brooklynn can't help but wonder what was that just now?

...

Going back to the dormitory they luckily just made it in time before the rain starts pouring down. Saying their goodbyes to Raylen first who takes off upstairs. Then continuing down the left side towards their own rooms. Brooklynn stops dead in her tracks when seeing Sonny talking with both agents towards the end of the hallway. Victoria looks back at the burnette who's no longer by her side. "Hira?"