𝟒.

The morning was filled with unanswered tension as Maggie and Glenn kept secrets untold between themselves. During dinner the other night things had gotten slightly flirtatious, notes were passed, lust looks were taken to heart. And then when everyone was asleep and the aftershock of Nina giving birth had died down, Maggie allowed herself to glance at the note her secret lover wrote.

Now the heart eyes they sent each other the other night were long forgotten as Maggie made it clear to Glenn she did not want the barn secret to come out. How she let the guy who was infamously terrible at keeping things hidden from others know the Greene's largest secret, she would scold herself for the rest of eternity. But it was known to him now, and all she could do was pray.

Glenn was just about bursting at the seams with the secrets he's being burdened with. Going up to Lori and asking how her husband Rick took the news of her early pregnancy, unraveling things he quickly
wished to put back.

Andrea made up with Daryl. The Case Of The Missing Man was served much use in that part, he joked about the lack of pictures on the pages, and at the end he made it be known that no matter how many picture-less books she would hand over that he would not take another gunshot wound from her. Andrea was happy with this seeing as she already vowed not to hurt him again- or any group member, especially now that there was a baby on board.

Speaking of, Nina woke with a startle, almost forgetting about the night before as she panicked when the baby didn't give her the usual morning bladder kick. And then it hit her like a ten ton truck and she played with her girls hands for a good ten minutes.

Then Daphne whined and wiggled, indicating she was ready for breakfast. Nina fed the baby and just as she set the blanket on her shoulder to burp, there was a knock on the door.

Hershel twists the knob after Nina told him to come in and pushes the wooden barrier just enough to walk through. "Carol is making some eggs, I'll bring them to you. What would you like to drink? I have orange juice, water, milk, tea."

She smiles at him gratefully. "If it really isn't any trouble, I'll take water. Don't worry, I'll carry my weight around here and then when I'm good to go I'll be out of your hair." Nina pats Daphnes back to force out any gas.

"That's what we've been talking about." He sits in the chair beside the bed, "My daughters and I think you should stay, until you're healed. We could help you watch after Daphne too."

"What is this? Pokemon? Gotta collect them all?" It takes her a second to register in her mind what she just said to who is one of the kindest men she's ever met. "Oh, that was so rude, you didn't deserve that at all. I am so sorry." She apologizes, turning her eyes to the infant in her arms, not being able to meet his compassion filled eyes.

Nina was always one to think things through before talking, sometimes even just thinking things through without speaking it aloud. But these days you make it known what's what without second guessing yourself because that second it takes to revise what you're going to say is all it takes to pull you down.

"It's quite alright. You just had a baby." Remembering the mood swings his late wife went through during and after Maggie.

"Please don't make excuses for me. It was really rude of me to say that. Baby or no baby. I really will pull my weight."

He smiles at her like a proud father before standing up. "Just think about it, okay?" She nods and smiles at him. He pats her shoulder and walks out, closing the door behind him.