𝟏𝟕.

Smut ahead Oouuuhhhh y'all. Trust it's so much better with a rewrite

Daryl couldn't express most of his feeling towards Nina Kenyon ninety percent of the time. Happy that she was unscathed and un-walker-like? Absolutely. Then he was mad.

How could she be so reckless and stupid? She went out without telling anyone and could have died out there and no one would have known until they found her stumbling around with the rest of the dead. Was she even thinking about Daphne? Was she even thinking about him?

The Dixons were no stranger to irritation and anger, so it was a surprise they haven't found a better way to show it than picking a fight.

"Fuck off." She spits, going to walk out of the room and away from him and his nonstop scolding. She wasn't a child, to hell if she'd be treated like one.

"Fuck were ya thinkin'? He yells at her, not caring about how loud they were. And he certainly didn't care about the anger Nina mirrors.

While they were fighting upstairs, the rest of the group were downstairs eavesdropping in the living room, Lori was almost one hundred percent sure she saw Carol go to the kitchen to make some tea.

"I went out for supplies. Something you do all the time by the way. So why is it such a big deal if I do it?" She turns around, yelling right back.

If one thing stuck with her from her parents relationship, it was her mother never backing down from an argument. That woman got the last word, she won every time. Julia Kenyon was a tough woman, and men were the last of her problems, so any time Nina's biological father got lippy Julia made sure to put him in his place and show him just how empty his words were.

"Ya didn't tell anyone! It was a stupid thing to do!"

"Everyone does stupid things! I guess I'll just have to learn from this, huh?" She says, tilting her head condescendingly.

"It's freezin' balls out there! All you had was a jacket."

"I was perfectly fine." She sneers at him. This argument was boring her now, and she rolled her eyes to show it. At this point she might have well been looking at her nails and flicking her hair over her shoulder.

"Do ya even use ya brain?"

"Yes, actually. It's how I know to use 'you' and 'your' instead of 'ya', you stupid hillbilly."

At this point they were just saying things to get the last word.

"You're nothin' but a dumb bitch." He towers over her, his five foot ten build hovering over her five foot seven frame.

"Ya nothing but redneck trash." She gets in his face, not backing down. Daryl? Intimidate her? Ha, he was hot, she'll give him that, but the male species are below her no matter how attractive. He's more than a hot face, but as he rages above her, all she can focus on is the look on his face that's making her knees weak.

He walks forward, backing her against the wall. "Ya wanna say that again?" He grumbles in her ear, sending an intimate tingle down her back.

"Okay, let's go play cards in the basement." Lori rushes Carl away, knowing what happens next. Everyone quickly follows the two.

"You owe me a candy bar." Maggie whispers to Glenn as they walk down the stairs with the rest, Daphne in her arms.

"You're nothing but redneck tra-" He cuts her off by throwing her over his shoulder, his one hand holding her in place just under her ass.

He drops her on the bed and she holds herself up with her elbows, silently seething at him, her chest rising and falling fast. He stares from the side of the bed. He gets on the bed in front of her, practically drooling at the sight of her underneath him.