𝟖.

Daryl hasn't left her side, other then going to the bathroom and getting food; even then he would eat it in her room. She scared the ever loving shit out of him and as he carried her bridal style to the house while cursing out the wound on her thigh, he realized just how much she wormed into his heart.

The three in the backseat went ignored by him as his sights and worries were solely focused on her and Daphne.

Before she had gotten back, the group had to force him from leaving to find her, distracting him with the Randal kid. The rest of them knew she'd be back, she wouldn't leave Daphne. And if they felt something was wrong they would go together. He took all his frustrations out on Randall's face, leaving the kid black and blue. But in the end, Daryl got the answers he forgot he went in for.

Nina was on bed rest. She had lost a majorly concerning amount of blood and Hershel wouldn't have been able to do surgery on her wound if Maggie wasn't the same blood type. She was dehydrated from the events and lack of nutrients, being placed on an IV.

Carol, Lori, Beth and Maggie came in and rushed Daryl out of the room while they changed her clothes. Hershel changed her bandages and everyone would watch Daphne when Nina was resting. Daryl, Carl, Lori, Carol, Maggie and Glenn watched her the most though.

Carl grew a connection with Daphne, he acted as if she were his sister. He would also go in the room sometimes when Nina was awake and talk to her about everything that was going on, her and Daryl would listen to him ramble and ramble. It reminded the two adults of when Daphne would talk their ears off in her baby language, only when Carl did it, it made sense and they didn't have to pretend they understood.

Carl made Nina some get well soon cards with little pictures he would draw.

Her and Daryl grew a lot closer too, even if she has only been in bed for a day. They would talk about whatever was on their minds. Daryl has opened up to her a lot; as did Nina. They trust each other, some things being kept to themselves but that's normal.

Daryl almost forgot about the mention of Daphnes father with all the ruckus going on. Almost. Daryl had a feeling that eventually his questions would be answered, all good things come with patience as they say, so once again he locked that box and kept the key for safe keeping until it was time.

Nina had made strict and clear instructions not to tie up the family of three she brought back, they went through too much to endure that, Nina got Daryl to tell the others. And she made it clear to treat them with care and the respect they've earned from Nina after what they got through.

Lori came in and apologised multiple times, and every time she would, Nina would tell her to stop apologising. It wasn't Lori's fault, Nina would have gone if anyone asked her.

Nina was quite enjoying the rest her body and mind we're getting after that day, god, she can't remember the last time she had the luxury of sleeping in like this.

"Daryla, which onesie?" Nina asks him, holding up two different onesies. One was a pastel yellow with polka dots and no legs, and the other was dark purple with cartoon foxes with no legs and short sleeved.

"Fox one." He tells her. Nina plays peek-a-boo with the onesie over her eyes, getting a giggle out of the baby before clothing her. Nina sits the baby in her lap, sitting against the headboard.

Nina would have liked to be at the pond they first had a deep conversation at, but she was content just being with the two of them.

Nina stares at him with something in her eyes, something different. She looks back down at Daphne and shakes her head. "Let's play twenty questions."