𝟏𝟖.

The distance between them never furthered than being a room apart. To say that night did more than seal just matching feelings and sweaty skin would be an understatement.

Nina Kenyon will always be just that to Daryl: Nina. But now he sees Nina in a new light. Call it after sex clinginess, call it what you will, the only thing confirmed is that the Kenyon woman will surely be the only woman he'll need. Of course, he knew this, but the way she handled him and made him feel was unlike any other woman he couldn't remember now.

Daryl has his own personal insecurities, most do, but Nina promised him something worth more than self-doubt.

Nina almost wanted to go back to how it was before where they didn't talk and barely spared glances. Because honestly, was it really that he went from ignoring her and now he's all over her just because she put out? But she knew that's not how he meant, he saw the sex as a bond tie, a promise, one that she agreed to so they could be happy.

Nina knows the man she has feelings for isn't the most self confident, why is beyond her as he's the only man so openly loyal and secretly caring she's ever met, but that's just how he is. And just like she's been doing since she felt she was in place to do so, she'll continue helping him with that. Besides the momentary doubt, Nina is a put together woman and confident in it, she feels she could rub off on him. Energy can be picked up on subconsciously, you know?

Other than that, her little family was back together, and she couldn't be more thrilled.

"Damn, how much longer 'til the snow melts?" T comes in shaking his coat off, stomping his boots on the mat at the door. Rick, Glenn and Daryl lining in after him to do the same after shoveling the driveway just in case they needed a fast escape.

They got cozy, yeah, that didn't mean they weren't still prepared though. The group never fully unpacked, and the things they need are in their go bags. You can't put your full faith into something in the world, it could be gone in a second, so they needed to be ready for when they were undoubtedly disappointed again.

Nina usually frowned upon them only having the men of the group doing the hard or dirty work, a feminist at heart always, but no way in hell was she going to step out there and stand in the butt-ass freezing cold just to shovel the ground.

"Bet ya wish we had a calendar." Hershel mutters raising his eyebrows at the floor sassily.

Nina snorts from her seat on the couch, knowing it was going to be the same topic from three weeks ago.

T-Dog heard him, of course he did, because even though Hershel said it quietly he also made sure he said it just loud enough for the younger man to hear it.

T rolls his eyes, sighing at the roof, "Oh my god, when will you get over that?" He slaps the sides of his thighs, shaking his head.

On one of the groups runs, Hershel grabbed a couple of calendars, because why wouldn't it be good to keep track of the days? But when T-Dog saw them he threw them out thinking it was stupid.

They already had fire wood, why did they need a bunch of paper?

Only when Hershel told the man that he grabbed them for the original use of a calendar did T realize his mistake. Though the younger man still thought it was stupid. And Hershel has been petty about it ever since.

Daryl raises his eyebrows as the calendar thing gets brought up again, deciding it was better to just stay out of it this time. This was something between Hershel and T-dog, and Hershel and T-dog only. He discards his outside wear and gets comfortable in the seat beside Nina, handing Daphne one of her favourite toys on the way over.