thats what love does.

Nick POV

sometimes - gigi - backwood

"yes, i'm coming." i say to Alex on the phone and open the front door. "what the- dream?" i say as i slowly move my phone away from my ear.

he's laying on the ground, eyes opened and not moving. "dream!" i quickly go down on my knees and slap him a little.

but he doesn't say anything or move. "fuck.. dream! you fucking idiot, this is not funny!" i shout as i feel tears picking up in my eyes.

"i'll call you later!" i say to Alex before hanging up and dialling the emergency number, with shaking hands.

"Hello, emergency London." a woman picks the phone up. "Hello? yeah, here's Nick cooper. Please send an ambulance to Hollyford Street 25!"

"calm down nick, the ambulance is on the way. You have to tell me who the injured person is." she says "my brother- friend Clay Walker."

"what is wrong with him nick?" she asks "fuck! I don't know! I walked out- out of the front door and found him laying here! I think- I think he overdosed." i feel tears running down my cheeks.

"with what?" she asks "how am i supposed to fucking know?!" i shout "i guess with heroin. fucking send someone here!"

"dream, brother. talk to me please."

"Nick, nick! Help is on the way, you have to stay on the phone for me."

"please don't fucking leave. you aren't allowed to leave you piece of shit!" i lay my head on his chest.

"please dream.. fucking talk!"

"Nick, it's going to be alright. please talk to me, you have to stay with me on the phone."

"I am sorry for saying all that!"

"Dream! You fucking piece of shit! why would you do something like that!" i shout as i suddenly feel a grab on my arm.

i look behind me to see one of the emergency people. "It's alright kiddo, we got this." he says and i look over to dream, only to see other people taking him.

"I've to come with you. I am his brother!" i say as i stand up "you can come with us, but you have to stay calm."

I quickly pick my phone up and walk into the ambulance.
They closed dreams eyes.

I hold his hands meanwhile the other people are trying their best to keep him with us.

"what happened?!" Alex comes in "Alex.." i get up. "what happened to him..?" he asks "overdosed." i answer.

"shit man.." he sits himself down "and now?"
"he's sleeping. he should be awake soon." i tell him.

"did you tell George?" i ask "no. should I?" he asks "i don't know.. i guess."
"I'll call him." he says and goes outside.

but instead of Alex coming back in, the doctor comes. "could i please speak to you, mr Cooper." he says "of course." i get up and we walk out of the room.

"he has been on heroin for how long now?" he asks "about two and a half years." i tell him. "and you didn't do anything about it?" he asks "i tried."

"I told him to go to therapy, and that i would pay for it, but he didn't want to. He said that he wants to get clean alone without any help and he doesn't want money from others." i tell him.

"how many times did you ask him that now?" he asks "many times." i say.
"well not enough." he suddenly says "sorry?"

"you didn't try hard enough. If you would have tried harder, he wouldn't be in this situation." he says "excuse me?" i say.

"you have no idea what-" i stop "forget it." i say as i turn around and walk back inside clays room.

"dream.." i say as i see his eyes opened
"I'm sorry.." he says "I'm really sorry.." tears build up his eyes.

"it's alright.. I'm here." i hug him "it's going to be alright."
"I am really sorry." he cries "it's too late for that.." i say.

"Dream!" the door gets slammed open and George stands there with tears in his eyes and completely wet. "what the fuck did you do?!" he breaks down in dreams arms.

"i'm sorry." dream apologises
"i'll be right back." i say and leave the room.

I walk out side to catch some air. It's raining, really hard.

Is it my fault? didn't i try hard enough..

Suddenly i feel arms hugging me from behind, it's a short person.

I turn around to see Alex. "It's not your fault." he suddenly says and i feel tears filling up my eyes.

"it's alright nick." he hugs me and i slowly places my arms around his waist. "Dream is going to get clean, i know it." he says and suddenly kisses my head.

I lift my head up to meet his eyes and my eyes slowly go down to his lips. "I love you." escapes my mouth and Alex smiles "me too."

he lays his lips on mine and hugs me tighter.

______

"fucking eat it!" George shouts "no! i hate this soup!" he moves his head away "don't- be a baby!" George says as he grabs dreams face and forces him to eat the soup, "ew!"

i look over to Alex, that's smiling, and slowly lay my hand on his lap.

the doctor comes in and tells us to get out, since he wants to talk to dream alone.

"you think dream is going to get help now?" George whispers to Alex "i hope so." Alex whispers back.

"what if he doesn't? what if something like that happens again.." George looks to the ground "it won't." Alex says.

"next time he'll be dead." he says it cold as fuck. George and i look right at him. "what? it's the truth." he lifts his hands up.

"somewhere Alex is right.." i say to George "stop saying stuff like that!" George gets up "he's not going to die."

"he's going to." i say as i lean myself back on the chair, "he surely said to you that he's going to get clean, but he still hasn't gotten clean."

"he-" i cut George of "he's been saying that for years now.. and where is he now? In the hospital because he overdosed."

I look up to George's eyes which are filled with tears. and before i could say something, Georg walks with big steps away.

I sigh.

"George will never be able to think that dream is going to die." Alex suddenly says "he never did, since he knew dream."

"bullshit." i say.

"i mean it." he looks over to me "everyone said that Dream is going to die, but George.. George always said that dream is going to survive this fight. and see now, he's still alive."

"it's stupid." i say to him "it is, but you see.. that's what love can do to you." Alex says before standing up and walking over to George.

again, i sigh.

:]