22

Hello everyone!
I got a motivation spike yesterday, so I'm burning it all today and tomorrow.
ENJOY

Yet another mini timeskip (to morning)

Sabito's POV
I sat perched in one of the trees overlooking Urokodaki-san's cabin, watching Giyuu say farewell to our old trainer and his new student. He waved goodbye one last time before turning and walking down the path away from the mountain. His crow followed, flapping his wings lazily and just barely keeping up. I glanced back at Urokodaki, debating saying hello for a brief minute.

I clutched the hit of my shattered sword firmly, deciding to head down the mountain before Giyuu got too far away. Crossing the gaps between trees with ease. Occasionally, a scrap of bark would fall from under my feet, or the branched below me would bend slightly under my added weight, but I was always in the air again before it could snap. Slowly, the trees began to thin, and by the time we reached level ground, I had already dropped the bird act and returned to walking next to Giyuu.

When he confirmed I was still with him, we started running, first jogging, then at a normal pace. A normal pace for powerful demon slayers, at least.

"We should get there on time," The water hashira frowned.

"It can't be that bad," I smiled. "It's just a meeting with all the hashira and the master!"

We continued on in silence for a while, the sheath of my sword hitting my leg rhythmically every time I took a step. The dull clang of metal against the inside of the cover was an oddity that made it obvious my katana was broken. Every so often, I caught Giyuu looking at it with curiosity.

A couple hours later, the sun was still climbing in the sky. We were approaching the demonslayer headquarters at a light jog when Giyuu stopped and grasped my hand.

"When we get there, please don't get mad at any of the hashira. I don't want anything else bad to happen to you because of me."

"Why would I get upset? I only have something against them if they're rude to you."

He tensed slightly when I said that, but nevertheless, started walking again. For the remainder of the short walk, my hand remained clutched in his, almost an assurance that I was still there. Not that I would ever leave him.

Upon entering the headquarters, I gazed around me, taking in all the little details of the estate. The white gravel path we were walking on led us through the center, where we heard two or three voices speculating about what would go down in the meeting. Giyuu steered us around them, staying out of view and leading me towards a section of the estate with small ponds and mini waterfalls that made a beautiful trickling noise as they flowed between the smooth rocks.

"Is this your place?" I asked.

"Yeah. Every hashira has a part of the estate decorated to match their breathing style." We reached the door, which he slid open and stepped aside for me to enter. Just as I was about to step inside, a vaguely familiar voice called out.

"Tomioka-san! You're back in time for the meeting in a few hours!"

I turned, taking in the pink and green haired girl who was running up to us. Where do I recognize her from?

Giyuu nodded once, putting a blank expression over his face. "How are you today, Kanroji-san?"

Oh! She's that girl from final selection! I wonder if she's a hashira yet.

"I'm fine!" She noticed me standing in the doorframe and cocked her head slightly in confusion. "Who's this? I feel like I've met you before somewhere!"

She processed her thoughts for a moment or two, and her eyes widened. "Wait, Tomioka, isn't this-"

"You two have met. Kanroji, Sabito. Sabito, this is Mitsuri Kanroji, the love pillar." He gestured to the girl, who was very surprised and a bit confused.

"Didn't he... die?"

"Big misunderstanding, and a huge mistake on my part," I butted in, saving Giyuu from responding. "I can explain later if you'd like."

She started smiling again, and a slightly mischievous grin flickered across her face as if she remembered something funny. "If you don't mind, that'd be great." She looked up at Giyuu. "I'm glad you two found each other again!"

He smiled faintly. "Just don't go spreading it around that I brought someone here, okay? And under no circumstances should you tell Kocho."

Mitsuri's eyes softened with understanding. "Of course! You two have fun," she turned and sped away, glancing back at us once before disappearing behind another small building.

Who is Kocho? Why doesn't Giyuu want them to know I'm here?

He led me inside, and I immediately noticed the lack of decoration on the interior of the house. Giyuu went up to his room to change into a clean uniform, while I chose to explore. First, I checked the bathroom. There wasn't anything special in there, just the necessities and a medicine cabinet. I opened it and checked its contents, which consisted of a few rolls of gauze, bandages, and a few bloodied razors. I narrowed my eyes at the sharp pieces of metal, picking them up carefully and carrying them all out to the kitchen, where I dumped them into the trash.

Not gonna happen, Yuu. Not while I can stop you.

I spotted a small box on the table, and opened it out of curiosity. It was filled with semi-fresh onigiri, only one missing. I sighed and began checking the other drawers and cabinets for the ingredients to make what I wanted.

Timeskip brought to you by your local ramen shop.

By the time Giyuu came back downstairs from doing whatever he was up to, I was nearly done making his favorite food, salmon with daikon. He smelled the dish, and came into the kitchen to hug me.

"You didn't have to make me food," he smiled.

"But I wanted to, so I did!" I kissed the top of his head happily, grabbing two bowls and putting equal shares into each. I handed him one of them and sat down at the table. "I want you to eat at least three quarters of that," I instructed, pointing my chopsticks at him as he sat down next to me.

As we ate, I noticed he began to gradually take bigger bites, until his bowl was completely empty. I grinned from ear to ear and punched his shoulder gently. "Great, job, Yuu."

He looked up at me with a smile. "Can I get some more?" He asked quietly.

"Of course!"

He immediately stood up and filled his bowl again, sitting back down and eagerly digging in.

I chuckled. "Don't eat so fast, you'll get a stomach ache, silly!"

Giyuu slowed down, finishing at about the same time I did. I took his bowl and set it down on the counter to clean, but was enveloped with a warm hug instead. "Thank you so much," Giyuu mumbled.

Cupping his face with my hands, I stared into his eyes lovingly for a moment before I brought my lips to meet his in a sweet, gentle kiss.

"I'm just caring for my boyfriend." I said in a proud tone.

Do you like the filler chapter?
I hope you do!
I certainly enjoyed writing it.