25

Okay, I have to thank those of you who commented ideas for this story. I'm still taking requests like those, since the ideas I have now can only take me so far. So when you get new ideas, just put them at the end of each chapter or something 😁

TW: slight swearing

Giyuu's POV
Sabito and I ended up spending the rest of the day together, just hanging out inside and playing with Jinx. We spent a lot of that time cuddling, which neither of us minded. I was just happy that he was here, and still loved me even after years of zero contact.

Jinx leapt up into my lap, kneading her sharp little claws into my clothes. She flicked her tail tip in frustration when I didn't pay attention her, so she climbed up my chest and perched on my shoulder instead.

"Okay, okay," I sighed, stroking her back and between her ears. "At this rate, I'll have a whole zoo sitting on me!"

Sabito laughed at that from the other room, and I smiled happily to hear his light chuckle.

"I take PERSONAL offense to that!" My kasugai crow, Kanzaburo, cawed.

"Sorry, but you still count as an animal, no matter how smart you are." I remarked.

He shook his feathers out and left the house for a flight around the estate.

"All of you are so easily angered," I huffed.

"Hey, I haven't gotten mad at you yet!" Sabito whined, sinking into the couch beside me.

"Yeah but you still act like a kid sometimes."

He dropped his jaw in mock outrage. "I do not! And don't act like you aren't childish as well." He punched my shoulder lightly.

Jinx hissed at the disturbance, clambering onto the back of the couch and dropping to the floor on the other side. She proceeded to awkwardly make her way up the stairs to my room- or, our room, since I shared it with Sabito now. Her black and white tail swished around the corner for a moment before she made the leap to the next step, disappearing behind the wall.

I fiddled with the sleeve of my haori, trying to think of more things to spend our time on. There wasn't much to do in my house, but I didn't feel like explaining Sabito to the other hashira. In my eyes, he was too good to be described with words.

"Sooooooo, what do you want to do now?" He asked.

I shrugged, not able to come up with anything.

"I kind of want to explore the headquarters," the peach-haired slayer declared.

Of all things to want to do, why choose the most inconvenient one??

"Fine," I grabbed Sabito's hand and stood up. He reached for his sheathed nichirin sword, clipping it one-handed to his belt
as we headed outside.

I glared in the bright light of the sun, blinking rapidly to adjust my eyes.

"Take me on a tour, Yuu!" Sabito grinned.

His eagerness to explore the estate pumped some energy into my body, and I began pulling him towards the Butterfly Estate. I showed him the different hashira's places in order of strength, weakest first, and strongest last. It was fitting, since he came to my home before any of the others.

After I briefly spoke about the insect pillar's section of the estate, I led him to see the sound pillar's temporary home, followed by Mitsuri's, Kyojuro's, Obanai's, Muichiro's, Sanemi's, and Gyomei's.

(Author-chan was too lazy and googled a list, don't get mad TvT)

Finally, we arrived in front of the master's mansion, where hashira meetings were conducted, as well as the occasional trial, which weren't very common. I hung back as Sabito admired the crisp garden and perfect, shaded platform it surrounded.

I felt eyes watching us, and I turned my head slightly to see who was there. Sanemi Shinazugawa was standing in the garden, glaring at Sabito and I intensely. I shifted uncomfortably where I stood, edging farther away from him. When he noticed I had seen him, he startled walking over until he was standing just a few feet away.

Sabito must have heard the soft crunching of pebbles under the wind hashira's feet, and he was at my side not a second later.

"Who the hell are you?" Shinazugawa questioned him.

"Sabito, Giyuu's boyfriend."

I kept a straight face but blushed lightly when he introduced himself with that title.

"Pfft." His constantly pissed-off eyes caught sight of the sheath resting against Sabito's leg. "This is your so-called boyfriend, Tomioka? I bet he's even more useless as a demonslayer than you are. He doesn't even have a uniform on."

Narrowing my eyes, I hissed "He's not useless. He's always been more skilled than me, even since we were kids." He could talk bad about me all he wanted, but I wouldn't stand for people insulting Sabito.

"Oh really? What breathing style does he use? If you two have known each other that long, he must use water breathing, right?" He smirked. "If he's so powerful, why don't we see if he can take up the water hashira title?" Pointing a finger at him, the wind pillar added, "He seems easier to be around, too. Not as boring or cold as you are, Tomioka."

Sabito's POV:
I listened in shock as the scarred wind hashira continued to verbally rub mud in Giyuu's face. (Verbally, people. Not literally.)

Isn't he going to defend himself? How dare this bastard talk down on him like this!

I cleared my throat loudly, catching both of their attentions. "Thanks for the offer, but no. Giyuu deserves the place more than I do, and to add to that, I'm not even an official demonslayer yet. Which means," I unsheathed my broken sword, earning confused and surprised looks from both of them. "There are no rules for me that say I can't use this on you for talking to Giyuu like that."

"Calm yourselves, my children." A calm, soothing voice cautioned. All three of us looked up at the man now standing on the platform. I looked to the side and saw that both hashira were kneeling, and I was quick to put away my katana and do the same.

"Sanemi, it isn't right for you to talk regarding Giyuu like that."

I was amazed. Without a complaint or protest, the wind pillar muttered words of apology to both of them.

"Addressing your comment about Sabito replacing Giyuu as the water hashira, he cannot take the spot unless he is an official member of the corp." He turned his head slightly to look at me with sightless eyes. "If I understand your predicament correctly, you were injured during final selection, and weren't able to make it back to the wisteria barrier on time?"

"Y-yes."

"If you'd like, you may accompany one of the hashira on a mission as a test. If you complete it on your own, you may join the corp and then we can discuss the steps necessary for you to replace Tomioka. How does that sound?" He smiled softly.

I shook my head. "I'd love to be an official demonslayer, but with all due respect, I don't want to take Giyuu's position as hashira. I'd never do that."

The surprised expressions of Giyuu and Shinazugawa were to die for. I would have to have a serious talk about self-confidence with the water pillar.

The master dipped his head in understanding. "I understand. I'll have one of the crows brief you on your first mission. Good luck, Sabito." He left under the guidance of two girls, who led him inside.

I'm finally going to be an official demon slayer!

Here's a chapter, and here's who I got the concepts from, sorry if it's not exactly how you imagined it. (If you want me to take your user off the list for whatever reason, just let me know! I also didn't include all the ideas, so expect more usage of those in the next few chapters)

@weakweeb_ (Sanemi finds out about Sabito)
@AnonyGal5 (Have Sabito become an official demonslayer)
@ItsAteMax (Have Sabito become an official demonslayer)