Epilogue: March 23rd, 1969

Lorelei's point of view:

When the morning hit and I had since seen all my siblings, it was time for my grandparents to meet again. It was me that called for my grandfather who had been staying here to watch Emmaleigh and Elora to make sure they didn't get into too much trouble. Like they would anyway, but there was always a need for precaution when it came to my family.

"What is it you want to show me?" He asked me as I dragged him down the stairs, holding his hand as we walked. He was utterly confused about what I was doing.

"Just follow me, please," I replied. He chuckled and shook his head as we made our way to the downstairs. My hand pulled him across and to the outside of the house.

"Lorelei, darling, it's freezing! What are you doing you silly girl?" He asked with a hearty laugh. I chuckled and brought him to the car that was now unpacked of all our bags. My grandmother was waiting there, her face turned away as I led my grandfather down the stairs.

"Alright, we're here, now close your eyes before we walk any further," I said. He sighed accordingly and shut his eyes compliantly. I gently took his hand again and slowly led him down the stairs. He stepped down and when he reached the solid ground I took a look at my grandmother. She nodded and turned to us, waiting to see him. I stopped him after a few seconds so he was a little closer. "Alright, open your eyes."

When his eyes opened, they went wider than ever. Even my grandmother who knew he was coming was taken like she had no idea he was even alive. I walked a little further and stood between them, waiting for one of them to start speaking. Anticipation began to build up and I felt my body hold still. My grandfather took two steps forward, my grandmother staying in the same place beside the car.

"Frederick," she whispered. Mihn came to my side just then, taking my waist and holding me close. He was silent as we watched my grandparents unite for the first time in three decades. It made my heart grow bigger by three sizes as they stared at each other.

"Emmaleigh," he replied. I smiled a bit as he said her name. It was amazing to know that after all the years and age, he still remembered her.

"You remember me after all these years?" She asked with a tiny smile. I could only picture then younger and in deep love with each other. I could just imagine them running around like they were wild and rampant, passion and romance the only feelings they cared about. The only semblance of peace they had in the world being the presence of one another, holding each other into the night and never letting go.

"My darling, your face is ageless," he replied. She walked away from the car with a smile on her face. The white and cloudy sky surfaced along their skin as they euphorically gazed at each other. Her neck craned up to see his face as she brought her hand to his cheek, her smile endless. He brought his head down and kissed her lightly on her lips, like she was delicate porcelain that could be broken with only the single wrong touch.

"What happened to you?" He asked in a whisper as he held her close to him. To watch all of this, it restored my faith in love all over again and repeated. I never didn't believe in love, but the way they looked at each other showed me that it was capable of being timeless.

"I had to protect you, my dear Frederick. I had to leave to make sure you and our daughters were safe," she replied. He knew the story, he just didn't know what she did to make it all go away. She was the ultimate protector if she were to do that for her husband.

"You didn't have to do that. You and the girls would have been fine without me. I got myself into that situation, you didn't have to clean up my mess," he replied. Mihn and I just stood there and watched as they reunited. We were not part of the conversation, we were just bystanders. My grandparents just ignored us, but we didn't care. I wanted to see this so I could believe love could exist.