Chapter 14- Choking on my aspirations

C-3PO was being insanely annoying and it reminded you of youngling Anakin. He continued to ask if the name 'Obi-Wan Kenobi' meant anything to all three you. Finally Anakin said yes and he let go of the subject but followed you to the ship. When on the ship he stayed just outside and Anakin, Padme, R2, and you went into the cockpit. That's when Obi-Wans transmission came through.

"Anakin, my long range transmitter has been knocked out. Retransmit this message to Coruscant." You reached back and pressed a small, gray button. "I have tracked the bounty hunter Jango Fett to the droid foundries on Geonosis." You looked over at Padme who was taking in every word and Anakin who wasn't quite focused.

"The trade federation is to take a delivery of a droid army here. And it is clear that Viceroy Gunray is responsible for the assassination attempts on Senator Amidala." Padme quietly gasped at the explanation but it all made sense to you. They were the ones on Naboo all those years ago.

"The commerce guilds and the corporate alliance have both pledged their armies to Count Dooku and are forming a- Wait... Wait." Obi-Wan flung out his lightsaber and started to deflect bullets from a droidkea that came into the hologram. You looked at Anakin who had straightened up at the fighting. Padme had done the same but she was seated and just stared at you and Anakin.

After a few seconds Master Windu came into the hologram.

"Anakin, Y/n... We will deal with Count Dooku. The most important thing for you is to stay where you are. Protect the Senator at all costs, that is your first priority."

"Understood, Master."

"Yes, Master." You and Anakin replied at the same time, bowing your heads. Padme gazed at the two of you in disbelief.

"They'll never get there in time, they have to come halfway across the galaxy. Look." She turned around and pressed a button on the same panel you had. "Geonosis is less than a parsec away." She smiled as if we could just leave and go there.

"That is if he's still alive." Anakin responded as he walked away.

"Are you just going to sit here and let him die?" She looked between the two of you. She was obviously trying to guilt trip you but you would be lying if you said it wasn't working. "He's your friend. Your mentor!" He was way more than that to the both of us.

"He's like a father to me! But you heard Master Windu."

"He gave us strict orders to stay here, Padme. We can't just disobey him." You chimed in hoping to change her mind.

"He gave you strict orders to protect me, and I'm going to help Obi-Wan."

Damn she was good.

"If you want to protect me, you'll just have to come along." She smirked and started up the ship. Anakin smiled as well but rolled his eyes as he sat down. You sat in the seat behind them with C-3PO.

"I'm not scared R2, but this is my first time flying." C-3PO was definitely terrified but you didn't blame him. R2 just said something about how he's a lying piece of junk. Anakin took off as Padme co-piloted, you just listened to C-3PO and R2's arguing. Something felt off about Geonosis, like something horrible was going to happen. You just shook off the feeling and watched out the front window.