Chapter 34- Glowing Gold

They had sent you five on another ship to get in front of the fleet. You were still a while away and so you sat in the back, reading. Surprisingly, there was a book stashed in a crate. Unsurprisingly, it was a manual of some sort.

So, you read a manual for fixing power converters in silence in the back of the ship. Even though this wasn't your normal reading material it was actually quite interesting. You liked to learn in fact, you loved it sometimes. Probably because you hated not knowing things. Every time you didn't know something, it made you feel stupid and useless.

Now, you don't know why you felt that way. No one ever told you that you were stupid for not knowing one small thing. Your master used to pat you on the shoulder when you hung your head. Still, you were like this and probably wouldn't change.

After a few more minutes of silence, footsteps came from behind you. You knew the pattern, they were longer steps because he was tall. As he entered the room, you looked up from your book to him.

He chuckled, "Why are you up there?"

You looked at where you sat, on top of a shelf next to the crate where the manual was. You had leaned against the wall and were pretty comfortable.

"There was a book up here."

"Oh, I should be guessed."

You climbed down the shelves, holding the book between your chin and chest. When you got to the ground you held it in one hand.

"What are you reading?"

Off the cover, you read, "The Complete Power Converter Manual with Tips from a Mechanic."

Anakins lips formed a tight line as he tried not to laugh.

"It's okay, you can laugh," Now he broke out chortling, "It's pretty interesting though."

"I'll take your word for it."

"Hey, you had to read these things when you got your mechanics band."

"Yeah, because I was assigned them and you know how much I hated those things."

"I seem to remember reading some of them for you, ner cyar'ika."

"You do love to read."

"Yeah."

You formed your lips into a line and Anakin laughed.

"What?" You asked as he almost doubled over.

"You're just so cute and especially when you do that little face."

"I'm not cute, I'm scary. So I can scare off my enemies."

"Who's gonna be enemies with you? A Loth cat?"

"Anakin!" You punched his chest as you laughed with him

Except he grabbed your hand and as his laughter died down he pulled you closer. You dropped your book and it landed with a soft thud. The laughter faded as you wrapped your arms around the neck and his around your waist.