six

Lila

"I hate to say this but you reek of alcohol." My coworker Emil said

I mumbled under my breath "I don't want to talk about it."

No matter how many showers I took since then the smell has stayed on me and now I tell myself that will never go to a party ever again.

"Who even brought you home?"

"No idea and I'm embarrassed by it."

"Why?"

"Because I was sleeping and not knowing who took me home? Emil they could've done something to me." I frowned

Emil frowned at me "Well at least they didn't kill you."

"I guess."

I finished wiping down the tables before walking back behind the counter, sitting on one of the stools resting my elbow on my knee and my head resting on my fist.

"Did you get the dog you wanted yet?" Emil asked as she cleaned the coffee machine

"No I couldn't convince the landlord at all."

I volunteered at the animal shelter and everyday I would see the same small french bulldog but of course my landlord didn't allow pets.

The bell above the cafe door rang making me and Emil look towards the door and saw two boys walk in talking about something.

"That's all you did?"

"Yes that's it."

"Threw her on the couch and you just what? Left!"

"Yes! What else was I supposed to do?"

The two stopped out the counter looking up at the menu "Two black coffees."

Emil nodded and went to make them while I added the total "4.80."

The one boy with black hair gave me the money while the blonde one just stood there staring at me.

"You look familiar." The dark haired boy said

I hummed before handing him his change.

"Aren't you that girl at the party?" He said

I shrugged before turning towards Emil to grab their coffees "Have a nice day."

The blonde one grabbed his coffee but the other one wouldn't.

"Colby grab your drink and let's go." Blondie said

"Yeah! You got all the alcohol dumped on you, that's hilarious." He said laughing

I frowned and watched as they walked out the door seeing the blonde one hit his friend in the back of the head.

"Well that was nice." Emil said to me

"Sure " I said rolling my eyes