thirty eight

Sam

She said it.

And I can't get it out of my mind.

I couldn't wait for her to get home so I can say it to her, I wanted to be with Lila since I found her passed out in the tub at some party. And just by being around her made me realize that I want to spend the rest of my life with her.

It's almost seven and she still hasn't shown up, I tried to text and call her but she wouldn't answer.

Maybe it got really busy at the cafe.

But she would've made time to text me.

I walked out to the hallway going to her door and knocking, but no one would answer.

"Lila?"

No answer.

I walked back to my place and into the kitchen looking for the spare key she gave me in case something was happening. After I found it in the drawer with the silverware, I went to her door unlocking it.

It was dark and had a scent of despair.

I found Lila in her bed, the only source of light was in the bathroom. I pulled the covers away and crawled in next to her wrapping my arm around her stomach, pulling her closer to me.

"Sam?"

I hummed.

"How did you get in?" She asked confused

"With the spare key remember?"

"Oh."

I frowned "What's on that pretty mind of yours?"

"Us."

"What do you mean?"

She turned her body to face me, my hand now resting on her hip rubbing circles on it.

"What are we Sam?"

"I don't know."

I saw the hope drain from her eyes.

"I love you." She whispers her forehead resting on mine

It was time for me to tell her the truth.

"Remember last night I was loopy on meds."

She nodded sniffing.

"Well I do remember something during our conversation."

"And what's that." She croaked

"You told me that you love me Lila, like how you did just now. Even though I don't remember what I said, I do love you Lila."

"You do?"

I nodded my head "With my whole heart."

Her hands rested my cheeks before her lips met mine making my heart melt.

I've been waiting for this.

We pulled away and I smiled at her kissing her once again missing the feeling of her lips on mine.

"I have a question." I said

"What is it?"

"How can someone like you, ever love someone like me?"

She smiled kissing my cheek "I guess I see something in you that I don't see in any other guy."