seven

Sam

"Hit that shit again Sam." Colby said

I groaned making sure Colby heard it loud and clear before my fist made contact with the guy's face again, at least he kindly volunteered unlike Colby. I was tired and hungover and those are two words I would never say out loud.

"Again Sam!"

"Why don't you try doing this shit!" I yelled at Colby

Colby snorted "Such a dick, what's on your mind?"

"Nothing, asshole." I sat on the bench grabbing my water bottle

I knew that the stupid girl was on my mind and after leaving her on her couch last night I couldn't go to bed, I stayed up all night once in a while poking my head out in the hallway to make sure no one would be knocking on her door.

But why would I even do that in the first place? She lives right across from me, she cried at my front door for some reason. And shit, I can't even remember her name.

Lily?

Lucy?

Luna?

Lilac?

Actually Lilac sounded close enough from what I remember.

But that doesn't matter.

She doesn't matter

She means nothing to me.

"Okay come on, get your ass on the treadmill." I heard Colby said while clapping his hands loudly

I rolled my eyes before standing up and followed him towards the treadmills.

"Your next match is next week, you better work your ass off to win." Colby said

I rolled my eyes "I win every match, you just want my fucking money."

Colby snapped his fingers "You my good friend are correct, gotta move sooner or later."

"Can I just get this shit over with without you talking my ear off?" I questioned

"Fine, have fun running by yourself."

"I will."

€€€

I adjusted the strap of my bag on my shoulder after grabbing my keys and unlocking my door, for once I was able to come home early and do whatever the fuck I wanted.

I threw my bag on the floor and my keys on the counter before walking over to the fridge grabbing the container of leftovers.

The same leftovers I've been eating for three days already.

I sighed as I put the container in the mirco wave and at that moment there was  a knock on my door. If it was Colby he never fucking knocks so I know it couldn't be him.

But who the hell else knocks on my fucking door.

"What the hell do you want?" I asked as I opened the door

Once again it was that same girl.

"Can you open this?" She asked holding out a jar

A jar of fucking pickles.

I stared at her my nose was scrunched up and slowly she started to move the jar back to her.

"Nevermind." She said

She turned around and was starting to walk away before I spoke up "Give it to me."

"What?"

"Give me the jar." I said holding out my hands

She smiled before quickly walking back over and handing me the jar, letting a sigh I untwisted the cap easily before giving it back to her.

"Thanks." She smiled before leaving

She smiled at me?

What the actual fuck.