twenty six

Lila

My apartment was trashed when I walked in with Sam following behind me, he wouldn't let me come in by myself just in case if they were still here

But thankfully they left.

I sighed before walking towards my room which was also trashed "At least they left."

"Yeah, but they didn't clean their shit." Sam said behind me

I felt embarrassed and I could already feel the red start to tint my cheeks. After grabbing my clothes I kept my head down before walking to my bathroom to change.

"Okay, I'm ready." I told Sam as I walked out of the bathroom towards the door

He didn't say anything as we made it back to his car and he started driving.

"They didn't tell you where they're going?" He questioned taking a quick glance at me

I shook my head "No and I could really care less. They're gone and that's all that matters."

He pulled into the animal shelter and I got out shutting the door before turning around.

"Thanks for the ride." I smiled

"When do you get off?" He asked leaning over the console

"Eight."

"I'll be here then." He said before driving away

€€€
Sam

"I can't believe they did this." Tara said picking up more trash

I nodded my head "And it seemed like she didn't care about it."

"She wouldn't have, she grew up like that." Katrina chimed in separating her clothes from the beer bottles

Colby walked over to open another window to get the smell of beer and trash out of the apartment.

"Can I ask you something?" I asked Tara

She nodded her head before looking up at me.

"What do you write down in that notebook for Lila?"

Tara took a glance at Katrina who bit her lip and shrugged her shoulders.

Katrina walked up to Tara standing next to her before they both sighed.

"Lila has insomnia." Tara said "And she doesn't get much of sleep so I help her out just by writing down how many hours she slept."

That made more sense, it made more sense for the times she's been getting up and the naps she's been taking during the random hours throughout the day. And it didn't matter where she was, if she wanted to sleep; she was going to do it right there.

"Why?" Katrina asked

"Nothing it was just that I was confused with her sleep schedule."

"Well now you know."