Chapter Ten: Two Boxes & A Envelope

The nomadic approach to reaching peace may solidify elation or ratify depression. Upon moving forward into a new life-a new world, there has to be a justification of anew. Whether this anew is worth celebratory smiles and victory laps or worth a piece of tarnished gold and molded wishes, the outcome is up to you.

Days, weeks, months, all equated to a year-I've waited. I've waited for this day as much as I've waited for many others. I've dreamt. I've prayed about it. Now, it's mine, finally mine to share. I couldn't be anymore happier right now.

Twenty-seven-hundred-acres of land. Located in the beautiful Santa Ynez Valley, once called Syncamore Ranch. I was enchanted by the ranch from my stay there during the time Paul McCartney and I filmed "Say, Say, Say" in Santa Ynez. Also during that time, Paul was leasing the ranch for his wife; Linda. Which was icing on the cake in my eyes.

"If it's perfect for Linda, it will be even more lovely for Jesse" I told Bill one evening while Jesse was out on another audition excursion.

Aside from the wide spaces full of green, the estate will gift a great distance between my burdens and I. I fell in love with the idea of having sumptuous acres and acres of verdant property. It would be a home, that would provide more than. I wanted it and had to have it.

On many occasions, while on the road, My attorney; John Branca, tried to convince me that this would be a bad investment, but looking back at those friendly debates and long conversations, revolving the estate, I'm glad I decided against his judgement.

Now, my next cause of anxiousness is actually presenting this surprise to Jesse.

She's been quite curious and even agitated by my secrecy. The only person who has knowledge of my purchase of Sycamore Ranch, is Bill, John, and the ex-owner; William Bone. My family doesn't even know. I've never intended anyone to know to be quite honest.

This place will be a place of refuge. Buying this estate was like buying my freedom. I want to have a place where I can be free to do as I please. Encino is no longer that place for me. I also want a place that will take Jesse's and I step towards our future, that much closer.

This new home will just give a new light to our rather darkened days.

The weather today is cloudless and warm opposed to usual cold March weather. It's a definite sign of renewal. Maybe even the perfect day to tell my beautiful Fiancé about our new home, maybe.

I say maybe due to the mentioned darkness lately. Recently, January to be exact, Jesse participated in a local audition. Of course she performed well and walked away feeling confident, even Chehon was bleeding confidence over her audition. We all felt that she finally made it. Unfortunately that wasn't the case.

Call backs were announced not even three weeks post the auditions, when we were given the results. Jesse did gracefully impress the judges, but there was something along altered terms of agreement.

The contracts stated that, participants who signed would be bind by a one year contract to travel with the ensemble internationally. Initially, Jesse thought the agreement was feasible and doable, but the contract went on.

The contract would not allow breaks on this one year tour. Should a dancer participate, they will have no sole purpose other than practicing and performing, no freedom. Jesse seen that as too much pressure, I couldn't agree more. That would be a whole year without Jesse, no communication at all.

I tried to see if there was a way around these strict rules and regulations, but found none. If Jesse wouldn't agree to adhere to the rules and regulations given, she would be free to walk away.