Chapter Thirty-Two: Birthday&LifeChanges

The mind is an unconscious brand of fear and hope. Fear in what we know and hope in what we don't know. The reason being, is that the mind is a wonderful place, forever expanding with knowledge. With knowledge being emitted as power, it can be quite scary. Then there is hope. The mind relies on hope of the unknown to lull us into the world and disseminate wonders as well. Just as long as we do not know the very thing that makes our skin crawl, we will not fear it. Where as if we are knowledgeable that we are one day doomed to fail at something, we will fear failure.

I've always feared the known, and the unknown.

"That was great you guys! Eugene, that was a mean keyboard solo! Real nice guys, I enjoyed tonight's show. Thank you" I smile, waving off the band and dancers.

Each band member shouts out their little chant of approval before exchanging enthusiastic high-fives. I only shake my head in amusement of their childishness. They love hearing good news from "boss man". I guess they deserve the right to be celebratory about a good report. They definitely earned it.

Once they are out of sight, I sigh heavily and continue the hall to Bills suite. I haven't really talked to Bill lately. Mainly because he's either fussing at me or distracted with other things. His wife, Cindy, is currently sick with a mild flu. He has been worrying about her and therefore has been a little bit astray with me. I understand his worries and even offered to release him to go to Florida and check on her.

He rejected my offer.

"She says she's doing fine and just wants me here to protect you. I'll be fine..." He once answered after I protested his rejection.

Either way it went, Bill is a dedicated employee, and because of that he has is stubborn ways about his job. On the other hand, I'm his son, in his eyes, and leaving me would hurt him.

My poor Bill.

I inhale deeply, trying to calm my nerves. Even with Bill fussing at me about the usual, he's mainly been on my case about Lisa. I have had her discreetly traveling with me for the past four months. She's been a great, emotional help and I can't bring myself to have her return home.

Therefore before every concert, I rent out two different hotels, one for her, and one for me and my regular tour crew. It has worked out pretty well, until Bill found out not even a day after Lisa came to Italy. He was furious, swearing like a sailor and was and still is adamant about bringing up the fact that she's married and I'm engaged. No matter how many times I've told him that there is nothing going on between us, he just refuses to listen. Which all led to his recent silence.

Now, I'm going to interrupt that silence.

"Bill? Bill can I come in?" I call gently knocking on his suites door.

I glance around, searching for any peeping toms. I firstly wouldn't want anyone getting the wrong idea, and although I pretty much paid for two levels of the hotel, there could be many curious Katie's around.

You never know.

I begin to knock again before the door swings open and he gestures for me to enter. I nod and quickly scoot past him, watching him carefully as he closes the door. I frown once he turns his gaze on mine. He looks absolutely exhausted. I know that feeling all too well.

Standing silently for a moment, I rack my brain for proper sentences. I don't know what to say to him. It's a first. How do I tell him about my problems when he has so much of his own? How do I construe my connection to Lisa? I just don't know how to deal with this, not the least bit.

"What is it?" He suddenly asks, leaning against the suites door.

I fidget with my fingers, nervously biting down on my bottom lip as well.