Chapter Thirty-Eight: Splurged Emotions&Daddy Care

Forgiveness. The one word that hinders a weakened heart. With so much trust emancipated into a relationship, whether the relationship is intimate or not, there is always just enough room for betrayal. Forgiveness is the receding line of betrayal. There's always going to be a rebuttal, a reconsideration, a hesitation. But,when the decision is made to side with forgiveness, the betrayal seemingly subsides.

My feeling of betrayal, subsided.

I blamed the world. I blamed myself. I hated the world. I hate myself. I despised love, and everything that came with it. I tried ignoring it, but it boomeranged back. The television, magazines, newspapers, won't allow me to escape. I grow more and more enraged each day. This all could've been solved. This all could've been avoided.

If she just would've taken me back.

Now here I am, dodging questions from Tom, Dick, and Harry; the journalist. Here I am laying beside a woman that I frankly am just not in love with. Here I am, getting ready to plan a wedding with the wrong bride to be.

All because she wouldn't take me back.

It's a new low and something that I'm constantly ridiculed about by Bill. Do I blame him for calling me out on my actions, no. Do I wish he would help me, yes. I wish I had some sort of guidance, anything to help me clean up this huge mess appropriately. But alas, I'm a grown man, with a one year old, no one is going to help me.

I have to help myself.

"Morning babe..." She smiles sweetly, snaking her arms around my torso.

I smile at her through the mirror. She's so beautiful. I love her smile, it's mesmerizing. She's a sweet woman with a carefree attitude. This is why I stick around. I may not be in love, but there's some sort of gravitational pull that's keeping me here. I don't mind that pull at all.

"Morning princess. Any plans for today?" I casually ask, turning towards her.

She giggles then pecks my lips gently.

"Morning sex?" She smirks, tugging at the strings of my plaid pajama bottom.

Shaking my head I amusement, I place my palms on hers and gently remove her hands.

"Lisa... Unlike you, I have early morning meetings to go to. I rather not start what I can't finish." I gently reject, giving her a genuinely apologetic smile.

She sighs and rolls her eyes before detaching herself completely. I sigh as well, not comprehending her sudden attitude.

This has been happening a few times out of this week. She's either suddenly horny at the wrong time, or suddenly annoyed at the wrong time. I don't understand what's going on in that brain of hers, but I haven't found a solid time to figure it out either. I think that has been aiding insult to injury.

I'm sure it has.

"Lisa don't do that..." I sigh once more, carefully reaching for her.

She allows me to gently pull her closer. I take a moment to glance into those entrancing emeralds of her before I speak.

"Tell me what's going on? You've been moody, why?" I exhale.

She glances at my hands then glances up at me before shaking her head and answering.

"I don't know..." She exhales heavily as well.

"You aren't preg-"

"No Michael! Geez why does that always have to be the problem? It's either that or I'm on my period! Those aren't the problem..." She hisses, stepping away once again.