Chapter eleven: Neverland Valley

When I used to think of the word begin, I always seemingly found myself to allow fear to reign over my mind. Not because I was scared to begin, but simply because, I was scared of what happens when I usually begin something. There's was always an "what if" or an "but then". Yet I have learned and now know that to begin something is to mirror change. And change, is inevitable.

The recent changes in my life, have gifted many gleeful smiles and seldom understanding. As most do, I am learning to cope and maneuver through my steadily changing life. As many days pass by, I feel my stomach and heart flutter with the thought that someday, maybe at any moment, the biggest change of my life will happen.

Yes, I'm gaining wedding fever with each passing day, week, month. I just want to be officially, Jesse Rose Jackson. It's been a dream of mine since the day Michael and I shared our first kiss. It became more of a imminent window when I gifted him my virginity, and it became a arm length apart, milestone when he proposed to me.

I feel with all that we have been dealing with, maybe getting married isn't in our cards right now, yet still I would say yes in a heartbeat should Michael ever ask in the spur of a moment.

Today is the day that we (Michael and I) officially meet our new home. It's been a week since he surprised me with the keys to our "estate", but to know I'm finally going to actually see it, makes it all the more surprising. Michael has told me so much about the estate and I just can't wait to see it for myself.

Therefore, I'm expediting my packing rate so that I can lessen the time it takes to assist Bill and "the boys" with loading our luggage and other belongings into our SUV's.

I just can't wait.

"Michael... Where do you want me to put this?" I ask, entering the living room where a grinning Michael laid sprawled in a recliner, in deep conversation on the telephone.

Oblivious to my presence, he cackles at the response of his friend on the other line.

Of course being the considerate person I am, I wait another minute before trying again, this time raising my voice so that he will get the picture.

"Michael... This bag of stuff... Where do you want it?" I raise my voice an octave.

Finally spotting me, Michael cackles a little longer before catching a solid breath and leaning upright in the recliner. Becoming very impatient, I place a even more impatient palm on my right hip and wait as he seemingly tries to end the conversation.

"Okay... Alright. Yeah... I know. I'll hope to see you soon. Ha-ha I will... Yeah she is... Oh yeah... She's a little agitated... Jungle man, I-I gotta go... Yeah... Bye." Michael smiles, shaking his head as he returns the telephone onto its receiver.

Exhaling casually, he stands from the recliner and pecks my forehead.

"You're going to get wrinkles if you keep frowning up..." He giggles, grabbing for the bag. "I thought I told you to relax? I need you to let me and Bill them handle this..." He adds, pointing at the love seat. "Go sit there, we'll be leaving soon"

Giving him a hard stare, I shake my head and follow his directions. As much as I want to argue against his request for me to sit idle, I am exhausted and therefore will happily oblige.

"That's my girl... I promise we'll be leaving soon baby girl" He smiles, strolling off into the suites bedroom.

Once Michael is out of sight, I take a moment to inhale the last minutes of being in this hotel-a hotel; period. It's been nice and even adventurous.

From waking to the ear ailing screams and shouts of the fans from below, to the many long nights of frustration and agitation. It will all be a memory in a matter of minutes.