Chapter Thirty-Four: Budding,Potential-Love

To abide by the rules of denial is to loose hope of seeing light in complete darkness. You must first accept the fact that you are dawned to loose or win. But you must also embellish yourself with hope and belief. To believe is to lay the fear aside. To believe is also to shed light onto. Shed light into the darkness. Shed light into the gloom of dark clouds. Shed light onto the faded smile.

Noah is my light shed.

"Lisa look at him... You can't tell me this isn't adorable!" I gawk, showcasing Noah in my Ray Bans.

It's been a pretty great week. Aside from Jesse ignoring me and avoiding me, yet again, this week has been pretty relaxing. I spend most of my days at Debbie's with Noah. Each day I learn something new about him. His favorite color is green, this I take from most of his belongings being green; it's the color he focuses on more. He is still trying solid food, he doesn't like drinking formula, but isn't to fond of oatmeal either. He likes to be independent, he isn't a fan of being picked up and walked around with; he'd rather do it himself.

I've also notice little things about him in addition to learning a few of his likes and dislikes. I notice that when he's sleepy, he will fidget with his hands and rub each eyelid twice before he cries as his last sign. When he's elated, he will clap his hands and bounce bit, much like a "normal" tot, the only thing is he just won't verbally express his happiness.

The last thing I notice is that when we're alone, he examines me. He will sit for at least five minutes, watching me. I think he's taking a liking to me, and it shows.

I love my little Nutty.

"Ha-Ha, Michael the poor baby can barely see over those things! God, babe you need to stop playing dress up with him" Lisa cackles, carefully removing the Ray Bans from Noah's nose.

I shake my head and pout playfully, setting Noah in his crib for a afternoon nap.

I recently fed him a bit of smushed bananas and tried to ease him on a little bit of Gerber's organic mash potato sauce. Debbie constantly has to remind me to be patient when feeding him, because Noah is a messy an fussy eater. I have been patient, giggling instead of frustrating over the mess I'm left to clean up. I just have been enjoying being a father, a daddy.

I just hope little Noah understands how much I love him. I know it will be a pain once I leave to continue touring again.

"Well I can't help that I want my little man to be stylish, like his father" I defend, winking at her as I turn around.

She shakes her head once more and slowly walks up to me, linking her arms around my neck as she stand on the tips of her toes.

"You are such a good little daddy..." She whispers, leaning upwards for a kiss.

I smile and meet her halfway, tasting that lovely strawberry lip balm I love so much. This woman makes me feel whole in a sense. I don't even understand how I bounced back from Jesse, but the months of separation and then somewhere in between bumping into Lisa, just made this process easier. My mind knew what my heart didn't want to believe, Jesse and Michael were officially over-through.

Now Lisa has taken that spot, giving me another chance to make a relationship with a woman I truly care about, work.

"I can't wait to meet your little one..." I sigh, nuzzling my nose against hers.

She sighs happily, closing her eyes for a moment before they sprout open within seconds.

"Michael I actually have to tell you something. Two things actually" She suddenly speaks, glancing at me with a little worry.