12: The Day After Tomorrow

FREYJA

I couldn't tell which was funnier: dumping ice water on Loki to wake him up, or yelling him into awareness.

Biting my lip to keep laughter from escaping me and giving away my position, I stood over Loki's bed, gazing down at his sleeping form.

I had given him an extra few hours to rest and grabbed him a tray of breakfast since the cafeteria had already closed until lunch, but now it was show time.

This is going to be amusing. With the silent grace of a panther, I knelt down and moved my head close to his ear. Sucking in a slow breath, I readied myself then let it all out.

"THOR IS HERE! WE'RE UNDER ATTACK! CALDER STOLE YOUR BOOKS! GET UP!"

He shot bolt upright, a panicked yell tearing itself from his throat. I completely lost it in laughter as Loki's head whipped around, looking for a threat only to see me.

"When I said to wake me up 'politely', that is hardly what I had in mind." He grumbled.

His appearance only made me laugh harder. His hair was a mess. It vaguely resembled a tangled, raven colored birds nest. His eyelids hung heavily over his green eyes as he tried to blink himself into complete awareness and the sheets were tangled around him.

"I..." I gasped for breath between fits of hysterical laughter. "YOU SHOULD HAVE SEEN YOUR FACE!" I stepped backwards and promptly tripped and fell on my back, the stone floor knocking the wind out of me so the laughter turned to wheezing.

He scowled down at me, pushing the sheets away from him. "I'm glad I amused you so." He said blandly, standing up and offering me a hand.

I took it and let him hoist me to my feet.

"What time is it and why don't I feel tired?" He asked, walking to a corner and picking up his jacket from off the floor. It was actually the first time I had seen him with bare arms.

My eyebrow crept up as the muscles in his bicep bunched and relaxed with his movement. Whatever his exercise routine was, I needed to try it because he was muscular on a level I could never even dream off. Not bulky muscle, but slender muscle that suggested hidden strength.

I forced my mind and eyes away, my brain scolding them like they were misbehaving children. "I let you sleep in a bit. Breakfast is over but I grabbed you a plate."

"Good, I could eat my arm off." He mumbled as he pulled his jacket on. Stumbling over to his mirror still half asleep, he flicked his wrist and with a flash of green light, there was a comb in his hand.

I jogged to the door and pulled it open, looking left then right and slightly down, smiling at Sigurd, who had hidden just around the corner. "Did you hear him yell when I woke him up?"

He grinned from ear to ear. "I did. I'm sure it was all the funnier to see it." He handed me a tray of food then took off down the hallway.

Using my foot to shut the door, I strode back inside and gingerly set the tray down on the top of the almost empty bookshelf. There were six books on it, all of them mine.

I would've spent last night reading, like usual, but I couldn't get over the fact that the only time I actually managed to do it was to hit Loki in the face with a book.