26: Mother was Right

THOR

Mother was right.

There was something about seeing Loki on his knees with that... that maniac digging a knife into his face that reminded me of the fact that Frigga was rarely wrong.

She stood by the fact that Loki had been kidnapped the whole time, and it was true.

The look of fear in his eyes when the woman held that sword to his throat was unmistakable. He thought he was going to die.

If that homicidal mad house ever crossed my path again, I would beat her head in with my hammer without a second thought. But at the same time, I couldn't shake the feeling that I had seen her before.

"So let me get this straight," Nick Fury's cold, condescending voice pulled me back to the present moment. "Two of S.H.I.E.L.D's most highly trained assassins got their asses handed to them by an egotistical problem child that you've already defeated and a little girl with an obsession with knives?"

Natasha hung her head, her fiery red hair falling around her face. "Respectfully, Director, they are both gods."

Next to her, Clint looked like he wanted to say something. However he also managed to acquire a broken larynx and a partially damaged windpipe. He would not be talking any time soon.

His injuries earned him a large neck brace that he looked none too happy about wearing. Tony, seeing his discomfort, had politely provided him with a whiteboard and marker. What a great friend.

"Taking down Loki took everyone contributing last time, Fury." Steve Rogers reasoned. He had his blonde hair hidden by a baseball cap and his infamous shield was leaned against his chair. "Two Asgardians against two humans doesn't exactly seem like a fair match."

Fury fixed Rogers with a withering, one eyed glare that vaguely reminded me of Odin. The director opened his mouth to no doubt spew profanities at The Captain, as we called him, but I spoke before he could.

"What worries me is that this woman is powerful enough to subdue even Loki." I flipped Mjolnir through the air then caught it effortlessly again. Even my beloved weapon had proven useless against this new threat. "Pull up the footage again."

Dr. Bruce Banner, also known as the Hulk, was the middle aged man in charge of working the computer. The last time there was technology involved in an Avengers meeting, Tony kept trying to take over the computer and wound up with a bloody nose from Natasha. So it became Banner's job.

He clicked a few buttons that had purposes unknown to me and a holographic projection of Loki and the woman on the roof were staring at me. It was unnerving, seeing the two of them again. My brother was never one for fear, but he looked blatantly terrified. Meanwhile, his captor was completely emotionless. She had the blank stare of a psychopath.

"Is there anything in the databases that tells us who she is?" Tony asked. The billionaire had his feet kicked up on the table with his signature smug grin plastered across his face. "Thor, do you have any idea who the killer queen might be?"

"None. I feel as if I've seen her before but it would've been brief enough for her name to escape my memory." I sighed, trying to ignore the picture of my little brother. I knew I should still be mad at him, he faked his death and attacked Midgard. However as much as I tried, I couldn't help but miss him.

Tony looked around the room then raised his hands in a helpless gesture. "So we're at square zero."

"Not completely." Banner reasoned. "We can send out a public alert, have the people on the look out for them. Double down on the search vehicles, maybe."