Twelve

"I bet your kiss a soul saver, my favorite flavor, want it now and later. I've never seen nothin' that I've wanted so bad, girl I gotta get me some of that"
Get Me Some of That x Thomas Rhett

Jake

"Can we get a puppy?" My faux wife asks me in the truck on the way to the hangar the next day. 

I gotta admit, calling her my wife makes me weirdly happy, even if it's also just straight up weird saying I have a damn wife. 

"Oh!  I also had a good idea to help us all remember our new names!  Don't freak out, but it involves a sharpie and our foreheads."  She reaches over and grabs my bicep in excitement. 

We're not gonna have to work too hard on the PDA, just gotta get to the lip work, not that I foresee that being a problem either.  We arrive at the hangar and head inside, sharpies in hand. 

"Alright trouble, let's go!" I tell her, placing a hand on her back as we walk.  Once we get inside, she writes all of our new names on our heads to help everyone remember to call us by then from now on. 

The next few days fly by, all of us fully committed to memorizing our cover info.  We're all UT Austin grads who come from old money.  Kyle and Drew were childhood best friends and met Greer and Allie at a frat party their sophomore year and have been inseparable ever since.  Our parents supported (read; funded) us opening our own business providing personal travel and transport to exotic islands.  Each of the boys had worked for their family business and the girls were nurses.  We had all previously lived in Austin, now moving to San Antonio where there is a higher demand for private flight charters.  Drew and Greer have been married for 6 years, Kyle and Allie for 5.  We all moved out here not only to open our business, but to start families as well.  By the end of the week, our new names are almost coming naturally.  I don't want to say it's because our names were scribbled on our foreheads, but it's entirely possible. 

"Alright, kids.  You've all done fantastic work this week.  Due to how quickly you've worked, we're pushing the start date up by a week.  Couples, you'll have the next 3 days to pack everything you want to take with you, go shopping for higher end clothes on the military's dime-you're welcome-and you'll be expected to board a plane Tuesday morning.  Your new homes and vehicles have already been selected.  You'll be flying to Austin to pick up each vehicle, which will be loaded down with your personal things to help with the appearance that you're moving into your new homes.  Singles, you'll all be driving down in your personal vehicles and will be moving into the same apartment complex nearby as roommates.  Hangman, you'll be in another truck, almost identical to the one you have now, just the newer year and top of the line model.  Halo, you'll be in a Lexus GX 460- still an SUV like your Yukon but with a more expensive manufacturer.  Rooster, you'll be in an Escalade.  Phoenix, you'll be in a Lexus RXL.  Now, get on out of here.  I'll see you back here at 0600 Tuesday morning." Maverick tells us. 

Well ok then. 

"Alright wifey, let's head to your house to pack first since you have way more usable stuff than I do," I tell Halo. 

She agrees and we head to my truck.  Once inside, she starts talking about her packing strategy and all the things she plans to bring with us.  Ever the dutiful husband, I just smile and nod.  Since she's got a lot of packing to do, and apparently I'd "just get in the way," I offer to go pick up dinner and we settle on something from our favorite local Italian place.  A few hours later, I finally convinced her to stop for the night and eat with me thanks to the promise of wine.  With full bellies, we make our way to the couch to watch a movie before we head to bed.  I lean up against one of the armrests, one leg across the length of the couch and the other foot planted on the floor.  Halo sits down between my legs and reclines against me, her back to my chest and stomach and her head right underneath my chin.  I've always thought it was cute how tiny she was compared to me, which is obviously where the nickname comes from.  My 6'2 build towers over her 5'2 frame, even in heels and she hates it.  I called her Mighty Mouse once and I swear she tried to stab me in the eyeball with a fork, it still makes me laugh to think about. 

A little while into the movie, she rolls over to where her chest is against mine.  She looks up at me at the same time I look down to her.  "You know what we haven't done yet, flyboy?" She asks me.

"What's that, short stack?" 

"We got super comfortable with all kinds of physical touch over the last week, but we never advanced past that," comes her reply.  My heart leaps into my throat and I think my lungs stop working for a second. 

"I told you, it's all at your pace, I'm not gonna push you into anything," I tell her. 

"Your alpha hero nature must be dying on the inside," she teases me with a smirk.

"My what now?"  My brows crease in confusion. 

"You're what you call my 'spicy books' call an alpha hero!  You're dominant and overprotective, but also know I can take care of myself.  That's not the point though, the point is that your dominant side is probably dying to take control right now," the little minx explains. 

"I...don't know how I feel about the accuracy of that statement? But hey, I'm just trying to make sure you don't hit me, I know you pack a damn punch!"  I joke, pretending to punch her cheek.  Her mischief filled eyes lock with mine and I know I'm in some deep shit. 

"Have you ever thought about why we work so well together?  I clearly respond well to it."  

Fuck it, I'm taking this as my sign to finally take over because she was damn right about it killing me.  My hands, that have previously been folded behind my head, move purely on instinct, like they've been dying to do for years now.  My right hand traces down her side then rests at the small of her back while my left slides along her jaw and tangles into her hair.  I pull her face to me and finally press my lips into hers.  Electricity shoots through my body, just like I expected it to.  She gasps, feeling it too, and I quickly slip my tongue into mouth with the opportunity.  My hands tighten against her, pulling her impossibly closer against me and making her moan into the kiss.  She brings her right leg up and over my hip, winding around my left leg, and I dive deeper into her mouth with a groan.  I've died and gone to heaven, this is incredible.  Dropping my hand from her back to her hip, I quickly flip us to where she's on her back, making her squeak in surprise.  Taking advantage of our separated lips, I move to attack her neck.  I start behind her ear, pausing to nip at her jaw, and slowly move my way down.  The moan she lets out in response makes me harder than I've ever been in my life.  I make my way to her collarbone, running my tongue across it and then gently bite down. 

"Oh my God, holy shit!" She arches against me. 

I chuckle against her skin, enjoying the way her nails run through my hair and scrape against my scalp. 

"Oh no, sweetheart.  Not God, just me"