Sixteen

"If you're gonna love her, leave her wild. If you're gonna make her, make her smile. If you're gonna let her, let her dance, let her sing, let her be whatever she wanna be."
Leave Her Wild x Tyler Rich

Beckham

"Holy shit, y'all really went all in!" Rooster crows (ha! I crack myself up) when he sees our tattoos...and probably the hickies and bite marks we tried and failed to cover this morning. We just rolled into the hangar with our hands linked together, ready to fly into Texas and start this new life.

"HOLY SHIT YES, FINALLY!" Bob yells and jogs a victory lap around the hangar while fist pumping like Rocky, making all of us laugh.

I look at Jake and raise my eyebrow, silently asking if he's up for a little mischief. The smirk I get in return is the only answer I need.

"Um, what are you talking about Bobert?" I ask him.

"You two finally admitted your feelings! My ship has sailed!" Bob says excitedly.

"Bobby boy, we're pretending to be married. Just pretending. Sorry to burst your bubble, dude." Jake tells him, giving my hand a little squeeze so I know he doesn't mean it. Bob's face falls and he tries to stutter out an apology.

"Gotcha! Your ship has definitely set sail, buddy. I don't see it sinking either," Jake tells him, clapping him on the shoulder. Bob visibly relaxes and moves to give me a hug. "Happy for you, sis," he whispers in my ear. Ugh, he's such a sweetheart. Maybe we'll find him a sweet little country girl in Texas, I feel like a southern belle would be perfect for him.

Nat and Bradley walk up and squish me into a hug, Beckham sandwich style. The rest of the crew joins in and I'm quite literally the center of attention. "I would like to remind you that I saw this coming weeks ago! I'm happy for you though, you've made the dickhead tolerable," Natasha laughs as she squeezes me.

"I do have a bone to pick with you, little lady. You couldn't have done this like 6 months earlier?! I lost a bet to Nat and the price is embarrassing," Bradley gives me a pouty face and Nat punches him.

"Whatever she thought up, I'm here for. Sorry, Roo." I laugh as I squeeze him tight.

"Alright you guys, get off my girl!" Jake pushes at the guys' faces and everyone laughs.

"Oh she's already your girl, Seresin?" Payback teases.

"Pfft please, she's always been my girl. We just get to have more fun now," comes Jake's smug reply, making them all groan.

"You two were gross before, now you're gonna be nauseating," Coyote fake gags.

"Dude, we were all at your wedding, you have zero legs to stand on!" I shove his shoulder with a grin and return to Jake's side, his arm wrapping around my waist in response.

Uncle Maverick chooses that time to walk in and shoots Jake a death glare. "Hangman, if you break her heart, I'll break your face and ruin your career."

"Never gonna happen, sir. But if it does, just kill me instead so I don't have to live with the disappointment I would clearly be." Jake says this while making direct eye contact with him, clearly unbothered by the threat. He tightens his hand that is resting on my hip and Uncle Mav nods at him, a small smile threatening to slip across his face.

Why is that so hot?!

"Moving on then, let's run over the plan once more and then we'll get those wheels in the air." We'll be flying into the Austin-Bergstrom airport, where our cars will be waiting. The boxes we packed would be flying as cargo on our flight, then going in our cars once we've landed. We'll drive about two hours from Austin to our new homes in the suburbs of San Antonio. We'll spend the next few days unpacking and setting up our homes, then move onto setting up our office space in the city.