Twenty Seven

Treating y'all with some fluffy happiness before shit hits the fan in the upcoming chapters 😉  Enjoy! 💋

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Well, it's been a long time since I flew past that welcome sign. Smelled the sweet of them pines and it's honeysuckle, belt buckle paradise. Oh, that wrap-around town you thought that you owned. Where you learned how to live, yeah, until you got gone. And you think that you change, but you find that you don't 'cause you can't outrun what you're raised up on

Down Home Runs Deep x Chase Rice

Jake

I swear, we blinked and it's already Thanksgiving. With all of our neighbors heading out of town for the holiday, Rooster and I decide to follow suit. We're gonna surprise the girls with a quick trip to my hometown to see my family. Mama Seresin, as Beck lovingly calls my mom, is over the moon to see us.  I had to wait until Beck left to run an errand before calling her with the plans because I knew her excited scream could possibly break the sound barrier faster than our F18s.  I'm not sure who she's more excited to see, me, the birds, or her honey bee.  I did beg her and offer to let her name my firstborn child if she, ironically, promised not to mention marriage or babies on this trip since Beckham and I haven't had that conversation ourselves yet.  The thought of her having my babies, though?  I had no idea that was something I desperately wanted until mama asked me about it.  Since we're just barely into admitting we love each other, I'm gonna let that subject sit on the back burner for a little bit longer.  I think we've earned our time to just enjoy being together for a while anyway. 

The Wednesday before Thanksgiving, we tell the girls we have a quick trip back to Miramar planned and to pack for a couple of days.  The plan is perfect, they think we're flying out of Austin so no questions will be asked when we head in that direction.  Since all four of us are traveling together, we pile into Beckham's SUV so I can drive.  She absolutely would know something was up if Rooster let me drive his car, fake or not.  We waited until the sun set to head out, thanks to the knowledge that the girls would crash in the car and sleep until we got there.  They did exactly as predicted, and I'll never forget the look of joy on Beckham's face when I wake her from her slumber and she realizes we're at my parents house. 

"Are we stopping here before we fly out?" She asks.

"No, pretty girl.  We're home for the long weekend.  Now hurry that fine ass inside, mama's dying to hug your neck!"  I tell her with a kiss.  She wastes zero time and bolts for the front door, narrowly avoiding knocking Rooster and Phoenix over on the way.  I chuckle and grab our bags out of the back while Roost does the same, the remaining three of us following the sound of Beckham's squeals inside the house. 

"My honey bee is home!  I've missed you, baby girl!  Has Jakey boy been good to you?"  Mama asks her, shooting a pointed look in my direction. 

"Only the best, Mama Seresin, pinky swear," Beck grins and links her little finger through my mom's.  The gesture has my heart squeezing, hoping this is what the rest of our holidays will look like.  I'm clearly head over heels for this girl, and my family loves her as much as I do.  My oldest niece and nephew come flying around the corner and fling themselves at me and Beckham.  "Aunt Bee!  Uncy Jake!  You're here!" Sawyer, my sister's six year old daughter squeals as she wraps her arms around my neck.  Henry, Sawyer's 3 year old brother, quickly latches himself onto Beckham's arm as he tries to scramble up to hug her. 

"Hi my sweet babies!  Oh I've missed you so much!  You've gotten so big too, are you two teenagers now?!" Beckham tickled Henry's belly as she teases the kids. 

"No way!  I'm still only six and Hen is three now!  We're still kids, Aunt Bee!" Sawyer giggles from her perch on my shoulders. 

My oldest sister, Kendra, walks around the corner and gives her kids the stink eye.  "You two know baby Theo is sleeping, Aunt Leigh would have your hides if you woke him up!" She softly reprimands her children. 

"Sowwy mommy, I's just essited to see Aunt Bee," Henry replied with a pitiful look on his face. 

"It's ok, sweet boy.  We know you didn't mean to be loud.  But let's be extra careful to remember when baby Theo is sleeping so we don't wake him up, ok?"  Beckham soothes the toddler while also backing up my sister.  I think I just fell in love with her a little more.  She quickly moves to hug Kendra, apologizing for causing a ruckus.  Kendra is quick to tell her not to worry and that Theo is still down for the count.  Given the late hour, we all head to our rooms to lay down for the night after the kids give "Uncle Roo" and "Aunt Nix" hugs too. 

"This was the best surprise.  Thank you, beasty," Beckham gives me a quick kiss on the cheek before moving to hug my mama once again. Mama takes Beckham's face in her hands before telling her "I'm over the moon to see you both so happy, my little bee.  I love you, sweet girl," mama gives her a kiss on her forehead like she does to all of her babies and shoos us off to bed.  We don't get far before she finally releases the embarrassment I know she's been holding back. 

"No funny business unless you're making me a grandbaby!  Goodnight, my loves," she says with a smirk, making my face turn redder than a tomato and Beckham to laugh so hard she almost pees her pants. 

"Angel, please do not encourage her bad behavior by laughing!" I huff in exasperation.

"I'm sorry, honey!  I find it hilarious.  Besides, practice does make perfect," she winks at me. 

"Sweetheart I would happily go the rest of my life without my mother making a comment about us having sex.  Please don't fuel the fire," I whine back at her.  This just makes Beckham smile up at me, and I can't help but lean down and kiss her when she looks at me like that. 

"You're lucky I love you, short stack," I tell her as I rub my nose against her. 

"I know it, cowboy.  You're lucky I love you too," she grins.

The following days are filled with football, food, and family and I couldn't ask for a better time.  My heart melts when I watch Beckham curl up and talk with my Gram as I get some baby Theo time.  I snap a picture of him and I sticking our tongues out and send it to Beck.  Her response almost has me swallowing the tongue I just poked out at the camera. 

Short Stack 😍:
I think my ovaries just exploded, you can't be sending me that shit while I'm talking to Gram!  I'm all hot and bothered and it would be super awkward to leave a puddle on the couch.  Maybe I can just say Gram laughed too hard...

Only Beckham Emory Teague could have me turned on, slightly ashamed, turned on again, then hilariously disgusted in the span of a single message.