chapter 4: willam

Charles' pov:
It's been a few days since i've heard from diana, although i don't feel as we should be together i'm worried about her. Her due dates in a few days. You know what i'm gonna get i. touch with her, i need to be present for my sons birth and his life. I pick up the telephone and ring Buckingham palace since i know she's staying there. "hello" the other person on the line says, it seems to be diana's secretary "yes, hello i need a word with the princess of wales" i state calmly but sternly "i'm afraid she instructed me to hang up on you" he says shyly "i command you to hand this phone to diana or i will make sure your fired" you yell into your line. "very well then your highness one moment please"

I hear a few moments of bickering on the other end and then "what charles" it was diana "have you had any contractions yet dear" I ask politely "don't call me that" you can hear her voice cracking from emotion "answer the question diana"
"yes i'm at the hospital in the palace" she pauses then continues "if you'd like you be apart of your child's life... you better be there" she hangs up and you slam the telephone down

diana's pov:
i'm in so much pain right now. i'm 3 centimeters dilated and have been in labor for about 4 hours now. The queens at my side resting her hand on my shoulder "deep breaths love" you take bigger and longer breath during your contractions. a few moments later the royal doctor comes in "ah yes" the queen says "any news"
"yes but it's not great... we'll need to induce her the baby's heart rate is dropping we need to get it out as soon as possible" tears roll down my cheek "just do it" i cry.
the rest of the day is a blur, somewhere along the lines of the day you remember charles coming in and kissing you on the cheek. but... you couldn't love him again. Not after what he did.

I wake up with my baby boy on my chest. You start crying and you cradle him and give him so many kisses that you lost count. you hear a knock at the door "do come in" you say. it's Charles. you don't say a word. "thought of any names yet?" he asks "yes" you respond "willam"