chapter 22: seduced

a/n: helloooooo everybody :) i'm trying to make my chapters longer so brace yourself a for this one lol.
ps: i made this while listening to west coast by lana del ray <333 for some reason it reminds me of di. anyways lmao, enjoy :)- callie

diana's pov:
the rest of the day i spent in james arms thinking how we could possibly get through this. While i was glad he forgave me i also wasnt if i'm being honest. I wanted to be with charles but i simply can't leave james and it seems like charles can't keep his hands off of camilla.
"diana" james whispered
I was half asleep
"hm" i said sleepily
" there's a phone call for you" he handed my the landline and i say up
"yes?" i said to the person on the other line
"hello, diana" it was her majesty princess margaret "me and my sister would like to have breakfast with you tomorrow morning if your not too busy"
"very well" i said "buckingham?" i asked making sure i knew where to go
"no, highgrove" she replied. That was odd, we never meet at anywhere besides buckingham palace. I didn't think anything of it though.
"see you tomorrow" i said and ended the call.
before i was able to lay back down james spoke.
"i want you to tell me exactly what happened, di" he sounded very serious "no lies please"
i sighed.
"right" i was hesitant "well.. at your polo match when i told you to go- charles and i- well we um" i didn't want to finish what i was going to say.
"finish your sentence diana" he said rubbing his eyes in disbelief.
"we um" i looked down "we fucked, james i'm so sorry"
"and?" he questioned wondering what else happened
"we rekindled our marriage, james."
"in that case why am i still here" he said slightly raising his voice
"because i love you" i leaned in to kiss him but he backed up.
"if only you were telling the truth" he was breaking down and i could tell "we're done, diana" he grabbed his coat and left. What had i done. I've ruined everything. I talked to my baby and so did wills. Then i fell asleep and one of my maids woke me up for the breakfast with margaret and elizabeth. They were both pretty kind to me. They didn't care much but i did. love them both. All i know is margaret blames me for what happened between me and charles, while elizabeth blames charles for what happened. Today was going to be interesting for sure. The maids opened my blinds letting doses of sun wake me up. I woke up and i only had an hour to get ready. I went to my bathroom brushed my teeth and used the toilet. I went to wake up will to say goodbye. I say my goodbyes and the nanny took him to the playroom. I styled my hair with my blow dryer and round brush then threw on some makeup. Specifically concealer, mascara, blush, and blue eyeliner. I put on a red and black plaid dress on with small hoop earrings and and a black beret.

what the makeup looked like:

what the outfit looked like

a/n: BYE SHES SO FINEENEJEJEJWJAKoops sorry

oops sorry

i walked out of the palace and the media immediately came and overwhelmed me with questions. I tried my best to just smile and wave. The driver opened the door for me and already knew where to take me. I arrived 30 minutes later and both the queen and the princess were waiting for me at the dining table. They stood up and bowed to the queen
"your majesty"
then curtsied to princess margaret.
"your highness" and then you pulled out your seat and sat down.
"how are you dear" the queen asked me
"i'm doing okay thanks" i said trying to conceal what had happened to me the night before.
"ah well considering that you and charles' outside relationships are falling apart i wouldn't think that" margaret said while sliding a newspaper with the picture of me and james and charles and camilla as the headline.
"margo!" the queen said trying to get her to stop being bluntly rude
"sorry" margaret replied defensively
"although, diana.. i heard this happened because you and charles rekindled" the queen said trying to understand what went on. I was about to say something in return when margaret cut me off.
"he seduced her elizabeth it's pretty obvious"