Chapter 8

Loki's point of view

You huddle in a corner of your quite below freezing cell with a blanket that Laufey had given you. Well, more like thrown at you, but you weren't complaining about getting a blanket. Even though you were a Frost Giant, you hadn't been exposed to this low of a temperature for this great of an amount of a time period in a long time, so it was taking a while for your body to adjust to Jotunheim's frigid temperature. Laufey had also taken your stubby chains off of your wall and inserted longer ones attached to the ground so that you could move around more in your spacious, yet freezing cell.

Shifting back to your train of thought on Laufey, you thought about how he was staring to become nicer towards you like with the blanket he gave you and the longer chains he also provided. Maybe he is starting to love me, you thought to yourself. Ew. Or maybe he just pity's me. Yes, pity is a more likely option for Laufey, you nod internally. I should make him pity me more often, you chuckle to yourself.

As you were thinking about all of this, a guard came in and told you that Laufey demanded your presence. You rolled your eyes, knowing that there was no possible chance you could decline this, so you allowed the guard to bind your hands behind you and lead you towards Laufey's throne room, which was seeming to become a more normal routine unfortunately. Before you knew it, you were entering Laufey's throne room.

~~~~~

Laufey's point of view

You see Loki walk in with his hands bound behind him and being led to you by one of your guards.

"Be gone with you!" You say to the guard and make a shooing motion at him with you're hands.

"Yes your majesty," the guard says as he bows and leaves.

You pause for a minute before speaking, "It shouldn't have to be this way, I shouldn't have to chain my own son in a cold and barren cell meant for criminals because he was taken from me, taught to hate me and even wants to kill me, and now will do anything to escape from me, his own father, at any and all chances he gets. Don't you see, Odin is to blame for this, for tearing us, a family, including y/n, apart." I looked at Loki, almost trying to give him a pleading look to make him try to understand.

Loki scoffs as if he is tickled by even the thought of us being a family. "I will NEVER  love you as my father. No matter how hard you may try to change the past, ODIN raised me and I am loyal to my Asgardian family."

"Pity," I said, actually almost feeling sad, "Bring me the royal mind controller." I yelled at a random guard as he salutes and scrambles off.
"Let's at least make Odin think you changed your mind and now love me."

My smirk grew as Loki gasped.

~~~~~

Y/n's point of view

You, and everyone else eat breakfast in silence. No one got good sleep. Especially not you. All night in your head you had heard Loki screaming. Not even Eir, Asgard's highly regarded healer, could help you or tell you why. And then, at midnight, the screaming stopped. Dead quiet in your head.

However, only a few minutes after that, you could hear Loki in your head again, only this time he started calling out your name over and over, occasionally saying Thor, or Frigga, or even Odin's name.

"Make it stop!" You repeatedly had said as you clenched your head in your hands. Loki's cries had only gotten more pitiful and desperate through out the night.

During that painful night, Eir had asked your and Odin's permission that she and her assistants could do a full brain scan in the morning, and you both hurriedly agreed and asked for the soonest time for which you could have the brain scan done.

So you ate your breakfast in silence, feeling more sick to your stomach each and every passing second. Not necessarily because you were scared of the brain scan to come, but mostly nervous that Eir would say that what you were hearing, Loki's heart-wrenching cries and moans, actually happened.

When you had finished your breakfast, you started to walk down to where Eir's office-type place was, where she would probably run lots of awful and painful tests on you and use big, metal, intimidating machines to do the tests.

You made it to Eir's door and slowly creaked it open. Inside was Eir sitting at her desk reading through, most likely, patient paperwork, with all the awful machines that I had imagined filling up her room.

"Are you ready?" Eir asked, and smiled.

"Are they going to hurt?" You ask nervously.

"Who?"

"The machines!"

"Oh, we aren't going to use those today, today I am just going to look into your mind and try to see why you can hear Loki inside your mind." Eir says as a huge wave of relief washes a lot of the tension you didn't realize you had out of your body.

"Then yes, I'm ready," you say to Eir as you smile back.

"Great! Then let's get started," Eir says as she reaches out for your forehead.

[A/N: Hey guys, I am so so sorry that I haven't updated this book in forever, and I truly mean that from the bottom of my heart. I realized that I have not updated this since around the end of May which I know is a HUMONGOUS gap of time to wait if you are waiting for a book to update, that's like, *counts on fingers*, almost 7 months/MORE THAN HALF A FLIPPIN' YEAR so I solemnly swear that I am up to no good *wink nudge poke cough cough* and that I will try my hardest to update more often. I didn't even really remember this book honestly for a while so for the few times I had come onto wattpad from May until now, I was updating my Thor Fanfiction. So you have JohannaAufdemkampe  to thank for this update (give her a round of applause) because she gave almost a spam of votes and comments for this book and basically reminded me that this book is still living. So I'm truly uber sorry that I haven't updated since the dawn of time and I will try to update more since now it is winter break. Thank you all for understanding and I love you all! Happy Holidays *insert your holiday here* everyone!]