Chapter 10

Thor's point of view

You had never seen Y/n so determined before. Something in her nightmares of Loki must have shaken her up pretty badly, perhaps she thought they were real? There was something she wasn't telling you, you could feel the tension of something between you both, something driving her to extremes to get Loki back.

"Hey Y/n?" you started.

"Yes?" she distantly responded, not looking up from her packing.

"I know that there is something you are not telling me, something you're trying to hide so I can't see. I may not be the Allfather, but I can tell when someone is hurting." You finished. Y/n paused her packing and slowly sighed, sitting down next to you.

"Alright Thor, I might not have been entirely honest with you these past few days." She took a deep breath before going on. "When I went to Eir, she looked into my mind and saw that these nightmares of Loki suffering were only from a mix of my post-traumatic stress from Laufey's torture, and from my extreme worry over Loki. Eir said my nightmares weren't real at all. I know it is foolish, but I didn't want to tell you this because I didn't want you to worry about me." Y/n finished sadly.

You smiled and walked over to Y/n and pulled her into one of your 'muscle hugs,' as she called it.

As you let go you said, "Y/n, I do not want you hiding things from me because you think I'll worry over you. First of all, I worry over you no matter what, but secondly, I don't want to be the cause of you holding back, so I will try to worry less, if you promise me you won't hide the truth about things any longer." Y/n seemed to hesitate for a moment, but shook it off just as quickly and said, "I promise."

"Good. Then I am going to go finish packing, and we'll leave as soon as you're ready."

~~~~~~~

Y/n's point of view

When Thor was out of your room, you laid down on your bed and sighed with relief. That was too close. You needed to get this done quickly tonight, before Thor figured out that you were lying to him about not lying. You just hoped that you would get there in time before Laufey did anything worse to Loki.

Half an hour later, both you and Thor were packed and riding your horses to the bifrost. Thor instructed Heimdall not to tell anyone where we went. Heimdall agreed, then proceeded to give us his lecture on how the bifrost would stay closed if our return threatened the safety of Asgard.

When the bifrost had opened to Jotunheim, Thor wasted no time in jumping through, but Heimdall held you back for a second.

"Make sure that neither of you make too rash of decisions before thinking. Asgard loves both of you, and Loki too. We don't want to have a funeral for any of you three. So what I'm trying to say is, be careful. Laufey lies, tricks, and deceives. He will try to mess with your head and confuse you. Do not always believe only what you see or hear."

You smiled at Heimdall and took his hand, "I promise, I'll make sure both Thor and I are very careful over there, thank you Heimdall."

"You are welcome. Now, go and find Loki, and bring him home."

With that, you jumped through the bifrost and landed in Jotunheim. Thor helped you up as you both scanned the desolate planet, searching for Laufey's castle. Finally, you both turned around and spotted the ice structure in the distance, and started your trek towards it.

~~~~~~~~~

Loki's point of view

Laufey did not have you chained up anymore, unfortunately he didn't need to. His control over you was too great for you to break from. You were trapped in your own body, helpless, scared, and alone. Laufey was busy conjuring up a hologram, it showed both Thor and Y/n trudging through the snow towards us.

"Laufey please don't do this, I'll do what-"

"Be silenced Loki." Laufey motioned, and you were forced to clamp your mouth shut.

"If I can never have my children, then neither can Odin. Now, Thor and Y/n are almost upon us. When you hear the doors open, I command that you go down to greet them. They will be confused at why you are not trying to escape, and try to get you to sneak out with them, but you will tell them that you love it here and that you love me, and don't want to leave."

At this point you were trying so hard to fight this curse, but it was too strong. Laufey only chuckled and continued.

"Then, they will obviously try to take you by force, so I order you to struggle, but in the end let them take you back to Asgard. And this is only the beginning, only a false hope, only a false victory for them. Every second you are in Asgard, I want you to act like you are homesick and that you desperately want to go back to me. And here's my favorite part. I command you, that every moment you are in Asgard, you will not love your family no matter how much you want to. This is how I will break your family, from the inside out. And it all starts with you, shattering each of their hearts into oblivion. You will be forced to hear every crushing word come from your mouth, and only be able to watch helplessly. This is my ultimate punishment for Odin, for all of you."

Down below, you heard doors creak open. You unwillingly started to move downstairs toward the door.

"Laufey please, I beg of you, don't make me do this, it will destroy me!"

"That is the point." Laufey said smiling. He made a motion with his hands that made you fully turn around and head to Y/n and Thor, to carry out Laufey's evil commands.

[A/N: Guys I am so so sorry that I haven't been very active, school is hard, but I am trying to get some time to write. But besides that, what do you guys think? Any suggestions? I truly do welcome constructive criticism, and don't forget to vote! Thank you everyone who is reading this and I hope you guys are liking this!]