Chapter 9

Loki's point of view (one day after y/n goes to see Eir)

You felt pain. Laufey had tortured you before he made the royal mind controller take over your mind. The Royal mind controller had transferred the power to control your mind over to Laufey so that he could control you.

You had screamed and writhed as Laufey tortured you all night so you were extremely sore, but Laufey could control your outside appearance, so just to be extra evil, he made you stay straight faced and lock down all of your pain inside of you. It was like you could still have your feelings and still think on your own, but only Laufey could choose what your actual expression would be on the outside. The worst kind of mind control.

You had gathered and pieced together that Laufey was going to control you and make you talk to Odin and the rest of your family to make them believe that you didn't love them anymore, but instead that you loved Laufey now. Laufey was going to use you as a tool to break all of your family's hearts into oblivion.

You couldn't let Laufey do this because not only will this crush your family, but you will be able to taste every false and untrue word roll off of your tongue, and you will be forced to watch as your family shatters to pieces before your very eyes, and you will break as well.

You had to find some way to escape, but how? Laufey was controlling every part of you except for your consciousness, and that's not much help when you can't even express anything anyway.

You had to face the terrifying truth. That you were utterly helpless with no way to even warn your family about what was to come.

On the inside, you began to cry.

~~~~~

Y/n's point of view (back to the present)

You wake up sweating. As you look around you, your eyes set on Eir frowning over you.

"What? What did you see?" You asked worriedly.

"I have seen that, well, maybe we should sit down first."

"Okay," you said shakily, as Eir helped you sit up and get off of the testing table, you guessed that she had set you on during your unconsciousness. With her support, you wobbly walked over to a chair across from Eir's desk, and sat down.

She then walked over to a chair at her desk and sat down as well.

"Now, this may seem confusing, but it seems that you can hear, and sometimes even see Loki's future. So whenever you heard Loki screaming all last night, and then moaning your name at midnight, that's what's going to happen tonight. Only, you won't be able to hear it tonight because it won't be his future anymore. Does that all make any sense?" Instead of answering you just stare at Eir, your mouth agape.

"Y/n?" Eir said as she waved a hand slightly in front of your face. You snapped out of your daze.

"Um...Yes Eir, I think I understand it all. I just can't stand how I could hear all of those tortured screams from Loki, and then they're going to happen tonight. It's like I suffered his pain last night, and then he will suffer it tonight." I look up at Eir, realizing that I was going really deep into my thoughts and that she might start to get worried.

"Well, thank you Eir, I really appreciate it." You said, as got up and left her room, and she waved goodbye.

As soon as you left Eir's room, you got determined. There was no choice in the matter for you, you just had to save Loki from Laufey and whatever torture he was putting Loki through. You were going to save him from all the pain he had, before it happened.

~~~~~

By sunset, you had packed a small satchel of things. First-aid supplies, a hammer (to break Loki's chains), and food and water, seeing as how Loki would probably be starving. You had also packed your favorite picture in its frame. It was a nice picture of Frigga, Odin, Loki, Thor, and you. Even though you now realized that you had been adopted, that didn't matter to you. They were still your family and no one on Asgard or in the whole of the universe could change that.

Loki was part of your family too, which meant that you couldn't just sit around and wait, hoping that Laufey would just let him go.

You were all packed and starting to stand, when Thor opened your door and walked in. You quickly stood the rest of the way up and kicked your bag far under your bed.

"Y/n, you can't hide anything from me anymore, I know what you are going to attempt to do, so there's no use in pretending." Thor said almost exasperated, but with a slight smile.

"You do?" You tried to ask innocently, but you weren't surprised that Thor knew what you were up to. He always watched over you, feeling responsible for your well being.

"Yes. And I know you will not listen to me, but please don't go. Wait until father has gathered up an army, and then we can all storm Laufey's fortress together and get Loki back without losing you!"

"You know me well Thor," you said, "I can not just stand here and wait for days, maybe even weeks for Odin's troops to be ready. There will be no need for a battle or bloodshed if I sneak into Laufey's fortress and sneak out with Loki before Laufey even knew what hit him."

"If you succeed," Thor points out, "What if Laufey captures you again? Or worse, he just decides to kill you?" Thor physically shudders at the thought. "I couldn't bear that, let alone could Mother or Father, or Loki. Loki would not want you to die because of him."

"Thor, that is a risk I am willing to take to get Loki back and make our family whole again."

Thor sighed, knowing that he would not be able to talk you out of this one. "Then let me help you prepare correctly. And the least I can do is come with you, is that alright?"

I gave Thor a great big smile. "Thor, the more the merrier, of course that's okay! Just, please don't tell Frigga or Odin, we leave tonight."

"Alright," Thor said, and left to go get ready.

[A/N: Hey guys! Trying to update more, I hope you're liking this so far. If you have suggestions or concerns, don't be afraid to comment and say! And, don't forget to vote, thank you so much guys!]