Chapter 12

Y/n's point of view

'Perhaps the effects of being imprisoned by Laufey haven't worn off Loki yet, he couldn't have meant all those things he said. That wasn't the Loki I knew. Loki will turn back to his normal self soon enough, we just have to be patient and wait. Oh, but if I had just gotten to Loki faster, I could have saved him. He wouldn't be in this awful situation and believe all these lies Laufey told him, if I hadn't messed up so badly. Okay, just calm down, patience is key.'

I was talking to myself. People might call me crazy, but everyone was busy around the castle, so I had no one else to talk to.

Whilst I was talking to myself, I was also spending my time walking around all the halls and corners of the castle, looking for something to do that would remove my boredom. So far, all I had found was food from the kitchen, but it only provided temporary contentment.

Some of the rooms that I had found interesting in my searching process though, I did not even know existed. Like a room of canvases for painting, a 'learning the ways and customs of Earth' classroom, probably put in by Jane in case Thor had any questions. Although he had probably forgotten about it by now. There was even a room that had a large pool filled with blue jello. Jane had taught me what jello was and how to make it, perhaps she made this room as well as her other 'Earth room' creation. I put the jello pool room on my mental list of rooms to come back to, since I wasn't dressed for jello swimming today.

As I rounded another corner though, I saw Loki walking down that same hall.

"Loki!" I called out.

Loki turned to look at me, but only gave his blank stare to greet me. I ran over to him anyways.

"What are you doing?" I asked him, possibly trying to get a conversation going.

"Oh, just wandering around since I do not want to talk to any of you mewling quims at the moment." Loki stated in a seemingly very disgusted tone.

"Well someone's in a foul mood." I said, hoping that would trigger his empathy and snap him back to his senses. However, nothing seemed to change.

"Well..." you said, just deciding to move on, "Frigga was looking for you this morning, she said you missed your magic lesson."

"Ooo, fun, can't believe I forgot that." Loki said. I could almost touch the sarcasm drenching his sentence.

"Well, fine Loki, be that way!" I said angrily and stomped off, tired of trying to be nice and talk to Loki over and over, but only seeming to strengthen his sarcasm skills. Maybe Frigga could talk some sense into him.

~~~~~~~

Frigga's point of view

Y/n had just come back to me, practically in tears because she said Loki was being way more rude than usual, like a giant mood swing. She asked me if I could help Loki back to normal, and I, of course, said I would do anything I could to help Loki.

I was walking in the direction that Y/n said she was talking with Loki, and I bumped right into him.

"Loki! I've been looking for you. Since you seem to be in a lower and lazy mood today, I brought the lesson to you. We are going to be learning about the power to grasp--" Loki cut me off before I could finish.

"Do you not understand, I did not come to your lesson today because I do not want to see you. I already have all the magic I need. Laufey taught me his darkest, most powerful magic, and I don't need yours anymore." Loki just huffed right past me.

"Loki please wait!" I tried to get his attention before he left, but he was too far gone.

'Loki will get better in time,' I assured myself, he always does. This time though, something seemed different, something was off in his words and sarcasm. I just hoped that he would become his regular self soon. It seems to be taking a toll on everyone, especially Y/n. Without Loki, she basically had lost a big brother, a playmate, and a best friend. Not to mention she felt responsible for Loki's predicament, saying something about how she didn't come fast enough or she didn't make it in time. Maybe if Loki saw the destruction he was causing between him and his family, he would change back to his normal self.

~~~~~~~

I had just finished mapping out a plan to get Loki back to normal and was going over it. I would stay with Y/n each day until Loki decided to come back and be rude against her or me, which I was sure would not be very long. Then, I would have Y/n cry, (which was probably going to be only partially fake in all honesty) to show him how he needs to stop his nonsense of hurting everyone and come to realize his errors. Hopefully, if all went to plan, this would work.

The next day, Y/n and I ate breakfast together, then went to the tailoring room, to get some new dresses fitted for ourselves to pass the time.

"I feel you look the best in blue and purple," I said to give her some color ideas.

"You think so? Well, I think you look the best in silver and green." Y/n said with a smile.

"Thank you darling," I said, and we both picked out the types of dresses we wanted.

As we waited for those to be finished, Y/n thought it would be relaxing to walk through the gardens for a while.

I sighed, "I remember planting each and every one of these, from the flowers to the trees, to the grass around the plants. Everything was so small, now look at it. Huge shade trees, climbing trees, and beautiful trees. And all the colors of flowers you could possibly think of. I feel old now," I said chuckling, almost rather talking to myself.

Y/n scanned the whole garden and said, "I used to come here all the time to cool down and clear my thoughts, or to talk. Usually with Loki, we would always listen to each other. But then he would always do a prank with his magic or something, and we would chase each other around. He would always win, but it was a fun time anyways."

Y/n was starting to tear up a little so I decided we should probably move on to a new topic.

"Here, I know what will cheer you up, I will teach you your first magic lesson, to create water with a flick of your wrist, so we can water all of these plants." I said, hoping that would take her mind off of Loki for a little while.

She wiped the tears from her eyes and smiled. "I have always wanted to learn magic, I would love to start now."

"Great! So it's very simple, just hold your hand upwards, then move it down and back up again repeatedly like a wave, while imagining the relaxing sound of water in your mind."

Y/n closed her eyes while doing this, and soon streams of water were flowing around her hand.

"Y/n look, you did it! Now, while still thinking about the water, aim your hand and the water at the plants and compress your hand gently."

Y/n did just that, and started watering the plants, as I did too, beside her.

[A/N: Hey guys, glad to end on at least a fairly happy note this chapter. So, will Y/n and Frigga be able to snap Loki back from Laufey's grasp, or will they fail? Predictions anyone? On another note, about those promises of updates, I will not make promises I can't keep anymore, meaning probably no promises will be made from here on out. Trying, but failing, oops. WE HIT 1K GUYS DO YOU KNOW HOW HAPPY THIS MAKES ME?!? I honestly could not do this with out all you guys, you're the best and I hope you know that. Some people hope to hit 10k, some are close to 50k, and some are even aiming for 1 million reads. But I am just glad to be out of the only three-digit reads where people pass your book by because they assume it's not worth their time since not a lot of people have read it. Which could be true that a book isn't good, or it could be assumptious, it really depends on what you like to read and your expectations. But again, thank you guys so So SO much, I hope you're enjoying this story, and please go do something great with your day, or the next day depending on time zones. Also, don't forget to comment your questions, critiques, or possible rants, and please vote! Both are very much appreciated and help keep this book going!]