• 𝐀 𝐜𝐫𝐞𝐞𝐩?

"Haseena..." Karishma kept mumbling her name as her hands and feet were getting cold due to the weather.

"I am here okay! I'm taking you to the hospital just be awake." Haseena said

"The man..." Karishma said stammering due to shaky breaths

"What about him?" Haseena was perplexed. For a moment she feared if the man did something wrong to Karishma

"He hel..helped.. me"

"Yes, he obviously had to.. I swear Karishma if he had hurt you in any way I would've made his generations regret it too!"

Karishma let out a weak chuckle as the bruise was stinging on her arm.

In the blink of an eye, KarEena reached the hospital where a nurse cleaned up her wounds and did the dressing part, and Haseena listened patiently to what the doctor was saying about Karishma's injury.

She let out a sigh of relief when the doctor said Karishma had suffered no major injuries, just slight ones but it was a must to clean and change her bandages time to time.

Karishma who had had some painkillers and other antibiotics mustered up the courage to get up on her own and walk towards the car while Haseena was buying the medicines.

"Karishma, lets get back to your home" Haseena said placing herself in the driver's seat and fastened her seat belt.

Karishma quietly rested her head on the seat and closed her eyes, listening to Haseena continuously blabbering.

In no time, they reached Karishma's house in the cantt area. It was quite a shock for Karishma as Haseena never drove so fast.

Haseena helped Karishma get out of the car and tried her best to shield her wounds from the rain. Karishma hurriedly took out a key from the backpocket of her jeans and opened the lock.

Both went inside and Haseena helped Karishma sit comfortably on the sofa as she poured her a glass of water. Karishma gulped down the entire glass in a minute.

As Haseena was about to sit down, they heard the bell ring. She got up and went to open the door.

What she saw, made her freeze in shock for a minute.

Vyom was standing at the doorstep, protecting himself under the shade with his back facing the door. Upon hearing the door creaking open, he turned around and was equally shocked to see Haseena!

"You?" Both exclaimed at the same time.

"Umm I was told to visit Daksh Singh's house, there someone would give me the keys" Vyom said explaining himself.

"First of all come inside you will catch cold. Second, what? who told you about this?" She asked.

Karishma who heard noises near the door, peeked to get a glimpse of what was happening. With wide eyes, she stood rooted to her spot as she saw the same man who had helped her, now standing at her door.

'Was he a stalker, a creepy serial killer' A gazillion of thoughts hit Karishma's mind, only to be broken by Haseena and Vyom's voice.

"Karishma look who is here!" Haseena said and Vyom smiled uncomfortably.

"Hi I talked to Anubhav, a friend. He told me to come here and get the keys of my house itself." Vyom again explained himself.

"What keys? which house" Karishma asked him a bit rudely. Vyom was a little shocked as he wasnt expecting this behavior from a girl he just saved.

"Wait I'll try contacting Anubhav and he'll explain the rest to you!" He said taking out his phone hurriedly.

"No need, I'll call him on my own he's my brother" she replied.

But before Karishma could call him, her eyes fell on a message, which read:

Karishma my friend Vyom must be arriving soon, make sure you hand him keys of the house next to ours, 15B. And I'll be back by tomorrow morning so need not worry about anything. Take care behna ❤

Now Karishma realized what Vyom was talking about. And definitely felt guilty for speaking rudely thinking he was a stalker killer type of guy.

She motioned Haseena to go upstairs in her room and bring her bag, and Haseena did the same.

She took out a bunch of keys from the bag and shuffled through them. Then picking out one key that had '15B' embedded on it, she handed it to Vyom.

Vyom thanked both of them and was about to leave when a voice stopped him.

"Thankyou" Karishma said softly.

"No need of it, take care" Vyom smiled at her and Haseena.

He went outside struggling to pull out the luggage from his car in the storming rain. Haseena went ahead to help him.

She silently started helping him take out the heavy bags without initiating any conversation.

"You don't need to help, I'll do it. Thank you" Vyom told Haseena but she shook her head reluctantly.

"Thank you for your help Mr. Vyom" she said. "I was really stressed about her but thankyou for gently taking care of her in my absence"

"You dont need to thank me, any person at my place would've done the same"

"Nope, dont you even think this. I am a cop, I come across such horrendous cases everyday. People just try to take advantage of these situations."

"um well then my mom raised a good man I assume" he let out a soft laugh "She is also in the police force!" He said gesturing towards Haseena's police costume.

"Your mom is into the police too?" Haseena was surprised to know this.

"Yes, she is the head constable in Mahila Police Thana, Lucknow."

"Wait a minute, you are from Lucknow?" Haseena said almost yelling in his ears, and dropping a heavy bag on his foot.

"Ouch!! that's what I get for hailing from Lucknow?" he joked

"Shit I'm sorry I got too excited, because I'm from lucknow too."

They placed the luggage in his house, and Haseena bid goodbye to him.

"Well Karishma is not alone, I AM HERE WITH HER, so in case you need anything do tell us" she said stressing hard on the 'I am here with her' line.

Vyom could sense a feeling of protectiveness and sensitivity that Haseena had towards Karishma. He understood the intention behind this line, and said
"She's lucky to have a friend like you, goodnight Ms. Mallik"

"Have a good night Mr Vyom!" Haseena said and left

Vyom could see her retreating figure, moving towards Karishma's home.

'I totally didnt expect them here' He thought.

He took a quick scan of the new house, and his face fell in super disgust once he noticed the water dripping off a damp in the roof, and the musty smell coming from the entire house. He felt super annoyed but somehow went towards his bed to doze off, as he was travel-lagged.

The only picture he could see after closing his eyes were of that beautiful face, and the way raindrops lingered on her forehead. and those eyes! Well it was just his half unconscious mind that was showing him those pictures and not necessarily a 'love at first sight' as Vyom wasnt the type of guy to believe on these theories.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

End of this chapter. Do give your reviews please.