• 𝐈𝐭𝐬 𝐁𝐫𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐯𝐬 𝐁𝐨𝐲𝐟𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐝

"WHAT THE HELL VYOM!" bhaiya held Vyom's collar angrily.

I stood frozen at my spot, first of all it was so embarassing to be caught making out infront of your brother.

Anubhav bhaiya was not the typical 'filmy brother' of an old bollywood movie who would drag a guy to hell if he dared to touch his sister.

And this was also not any starplus soap opera that would have a dhoom-tananana running in background. However, this music was playing on loop in my mind.

Bhaiya and I were close to each other, and we shared every detail of our lives, but I knew that no matter how close you are, no person would like to see their sibling making out with a friend.

"Anubhav, calm down" Vyom looked straight into bhaiya's rage-filled eyes with a stoic expression on his face.

He swiftly removed bhaiya's hands from his collar, and stood face to face with Anubhav bhaiya.

"What do you mean by calm down, you fucking forced yourself on my sister!" saying this, bhaiya pushed Vyom.

But he didnt flinch, not even a bit.

"Anubhav, I am not a pimp! Stop treating me like one. I was not forcing myself on Karishma" he replied, his calm tone gesturing that he meant no harm.

But also tolerated no shit.

Usually people were afraid of Anubhav bhaiya's rage, and in my experience all the people he greeted with anger, never dared to even look at him. Specially if they bothered me.
But Vyom was not even flinching away. He stood with a stoic look, his eyes meeting straight with bhaiya's, with no hint of cowardness.

I almost thought bhaiya and Vyom will get into a heated fight. Therefore I was already panicking. I looked around to find my phone, for an emergency case if I had to call Haseena.

"Sir! Its sir for you Lieutenant Vyom Singh. How did you get the courage to even touch my sister" Bhaiya spoke again, this time taking a step closer towards Vyom.

"I understand what you must be feeling Anubh...."

"HOW DID YOU GET THE COURAGE TO EVEN TOUCH MY SISTER" Anubhav bhaiya shouted this time. Even a person standing metres away from our house could have heard him.

Vyom exhaled, trying to control his anger too. He looked at me momentarily before turning back to him.

Vyom was about to reply but before he could say anything, I found it best to intervene.

"Bhaiya!"

"kya hai Kashi?" he looked at me annoyingly.

"Its my fault. I never told you about my feelings for Vyom. I am sorry, I should have told you" I said, guilty of letting down my brother.

He said nothing but just looked at me with a defeated look on his face. I noticed his shoulders fell, and his lips parted to say something inaudible to my ears.

He moved towards me a little.

Vyom must have thought bhaiya was about to hit me so he held bhaiya's forearm and stopped him.

"Anubhav dont hurt Karishma! Your issues are with me, dont bring your sister in between"

This agitated bhaiya even more.

"You do not fucking tell me what and how to behave with my sister. She is my Kashi, and I'll do whatever I want to. Stay away Vyom" bhaiya said.

He just misunderstood Vyom again.

However turning back towards me, he looked into my eyes and I saw there was a thin line of tears near the brim of his eyes.

"I thought you told me everything. When did this man become so important that you didnt even tell me" he said and his voice chocked.

Tears ran down my cheeks on seeing my brother so hurt because of me.

He turned and walked away from the room. I tried to stop him but he didnt look back. He went straight to our dad's study.

Vyom and I were left alone in the living room. There was an awkward silence that prevailed.

He saw me crying and came closer to wipe away my tears.

"Shh.. Dont cry.. Go talk to him okay" he said cupping my cheeks with his palms.

"I should have let him know."

"its not your fault Karishma. Stop crying and relax"

I wiped my tears, and nodded.

As I turned to go and talk to Anubhav bhaiya, Vyom held my hand and brought my gaze back to him again.

"I am here with you. No matter what. Okay?"

"Okay!" I hugged him tightly this time, feeling secure in his arms.

He left, and I went too, to talk to Anubhav Bhaiya.

——————————————————

Bhaiya was sitting in dad's study. The light was dim and just a table lamp that lit the room, barely.

He was leaning on the chair, and had his eyes closed.

With baby steps, I went closer and sat on the chair next to him.

"Bhaiya.." I called him.

"Leave me alone Kashi"

"Listen to me once please"

"I said leave me alone Kashi!!"

I sighed. I understood his anger, his annoyance.

We two were each other's only family. After dad's demise, he never let me feel like I was alone, he never made me miss his presence.

Our mom left us early, there's a long story to it. But as a kid, he always made sure I was pampered, nurtured and taken care of.

He knew everything about me, even the date of my menstrual cycles.

Like I said, he never made me miss my parents' presence. He was a brother, mother and father all in one.

He put his head down on the table infront of him and I leaned on his arms.

"I was unsure of my feelings for him thats why I didnt let you know" I spoke softly.

"You kissed him while you were 'unsure'.. Isnt this bland stupidity"

"No. Its complicated"

"Karishma Singh. You are not a 15 year old teenager, but why are you sounding like one. I havent heard of you having feelings for any other person. This is the first time you have let yourself love someone, facing your fears, yet you act so indecisive and immature"

"I told Haseena about this.. "

"She knows too!! you just hid it from me?"

"Yes.. I am sorry bhaiya.. but its for the first time I had such feelings for someone I was confused, anxious, nervous and God knows what else"

Bhaiya just turned away his gaze in disbelief.

"I wont meet Vyom again, if you ask me to.. I wont even look at him pakka.. just for your sake" I spoke

He turned towards me instantly as if shocked by what I just said.

"No.. Kashi, I would never want you to compromise for me. If you like Vyom, do what your heart says." He slightly pulled me in a hug.

And then in a 'typical over protective big brother' tone he said
"I just need to make sure he is the right guy for you"

I chuckled sensing his possessiveness.

"And how exactly will you do that?"

"I have my own ways" he smirked.

God knows what he was upto.

Hey all, I was not well therefore I couldnt update soon, enjoy this chapter. And do give your reviews. I'll post the next part soon, till then stay tuned