• 𝐧𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐚𝐭 𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐫𝐚𝐜𝐞

I feel I should write in first person pov.

Karishma's pov

The same day I went on my terrace and plugged in my earphones, trying my best to avoid the noise of the city around me.

There were few barren plastic chairs in front of me, I dont know where they came from.

Do not judge me but whenever I see empty plastic chairs I feel this urge to pile up all of them and sit at the top most chair acting like imma queen on the throne!

You cant blame me, this is something I have done since I was 10. So I did it again, not caring if any one of my neighbours saw me.

I sat on the top-most chair and tuned in to Selena's recent album on my spotify.

I was missing something.. or to be more precise someone..

Or maybe it was just my usual dramatic self fake-imagining myself to be some main character of a movie missing her hero whatever.

I do not have a "hero", I have Anu bhaiya and Haseena as the only people I could refer to as family in this big world.

But I was getting bored, I craved for some company. So I called Vyom..

I do not know why did I do it! Was I high on boredom? Or did the terrace do some black magic on me.

Anyways I dialled his number and asked him to come on his terrace. Our houses being next to each other had joint terrace too that was separated by a tiny boundary wall. Thats how usual houses in colonies of India are.

The silence that followed after I told him to come definitely made me rethink my decision and cringe upon its abruptness a thousand times.

He hung up the call after a slight "hmm" and I was sure he would take a lot of time to come up.

Well to my surprise he did not. I saw a manly figure appear on the neighbouring terrace which was of Vyom's.

He was wearing an olive green shirt paired with black jeans, and a black pendant around his neck. His hair are as usual arranged in a particular manner which makes me sometimes wonder if he even combs his hair while in bed. Weird thought.

With in a blink of an eye he swiftly jumped across the little boundary wall and walked towards me.

I wondered why was he looking of the same height. He was 6'1, so basically he was supposed to look taller than me. Oh I forgot that I was sitting on top of the pile of plastic chairs.

He looked at me with a quizzical expression on his face. It was because of my wonderful seating arrangement I guess.

"Are you okay?" he asked me.

"Ofcourse"

"A normal human sits on a single chair by the way"

Oh he's being sarcastic!

I dont like that.

"I know alright? I was just reliving my childhood memories"

"Oh cool! Do you mind if I steal a chair from your high throne?"

"Sure wait" I hopped down from the pile of chairs. Few seconds later, I realised he held my hand while I did so. All in a protective way, he didnt even realise he held my hand to help me hop down.

He segregated the chairs, offered me to sit down on one and placed himself on the chair next to me.

"Hmmm so..." he cleared his throat "What made you call me here?"