• 𝐊𝐚𝐜𝐡𝐨𝐫𝐢 𝐚𝐮𝐫 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐢!

It was late in the evening on the same day. The weather was a bit cold due to the continuous rain. Vyom was standing in the backyard of Karishma's house, smoking a cigarette.

Karishma came out in her balcony and noticed Vyom standing downstairs. His back was facing her, and he had a cigarette held between his fingers.

She was surprised to know he smokes!

Vyom randomly turned towards his back, and happened to notice Karishma staring at him from her balcony. In a second he hid his cigarette from her and stood with his fists closed.

Karishma just gave the slightest smile to him and went away from the balcony. He smiled too acknowledging her presence. She was wearing a white salwar and a straight pink kurta and had few strands of her hair held at the back of her head with a clutcher.

He thought she was gone and was about to smoke again when she appeared like a ghost in the backyard itself.

"Umm.." she cleared her throat to get his attention.

His body froze for a second seeing her appear out of nowhere. But composing himself he immediately hid the cigarette from her again.

"I am sorry for this I'll just throw it away"

"I didnt know you smoke!" She said

"Um no I didnt use to, but it's something I've got my hands on lately, and its like my second cigarette in life!" He replied.

"But I thought you must be really obedient as an Army man and would never smoke and drink"

"There's no rule that Army men can't smoke or drink!"

"Yes but smoking is injurious to health"

"I'm not a chainsmoker! I do not smoke everyday its just once out of a blue moon..It really.. helps"

"Ohh" Karishma said still not convinced with the answer.. "You may continue with the smoke, I dont mind it"

"No I mean its not good to smoke in front of..."

"A girl?"

"hmm"

"I dont mind that.. except for the fact that I have mild asthama" she joked.

"you do not appreciate my presence in house na?" Vyom's question shocked her. It was true though

"Umm no its not like that"

"Its okay Karishma, I understand."

"No Mr. umm"

"Vyom..Vyom Singh"

"ya, Vyom it's not like that. I do not mix too quickly with people. I take time"

"I understand Karishma.. its okay.. We all are different..."

"Thankyou Vyom"

"I had less friends back in Lucknow too"

"You are from Lucknow?"

"Yes"

"I heard from bhaiya about your selection in the Army, congratulations for that!"

"Thanks.. btw may I ask what are you upto in your life?"

"I am preparing for the Police Force examination."

"Oh like your friend who helped you yesterday? if I'm not wrong she was 'Haseena Malik' right"

"Yeah right.. she's my best friend"

"That's great.. well I must take your leave now Karishma"

"No um Vyom, have dinner with us"