• 𝐀𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐡𝐨𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐭𝐚𝐥

Continuing from the last part.

"Karishma" I heard Haseena's panicked voice.

"Kya hua Haseena?"

"Karishma woh Ammi ka bp kaafi low ho gaya hai wo behosh ho gayi thi hum unko leke hospital jaa rhe hai"

"what.. aap kaha hai abhi"

"Hum car me hai or unko MT Hospital leke jaa rhe hai"

"mai abhi aayi"

I was panic - stricken, and the fear on my face was evident. After my father's demise, I limited myself to only some people, Ammi was one of them. She treated me like her own child, no less than Haseena in any case.

I had already lost a lot of close people, I couldnt afford to loose another too.

"Karishma!!"
Vyom's voice brought me out of my trance.

"huh?"

"kya hua Haseena ki mom ko"

"Wo faint ho gayi achanak se, Haseena is taking her to MT hospital. I need to go." I told this and unfastened my seat belt to move out of the car.

There was an auto stand some metres away, so I preferred opting for public transport as I did not want to burden Vyom to drop me to the hospital, specially when there was this emotional turmoil inside me.

"Karishma wait" Vyom's voice stopped me.

"where are you going?"

"Auto stand! Its just a few metres away"

"Relax Karishma I will take you to the hospital"

"No thankyou Vyom but I'll manage."

"I wont unlock the door Karishma! Remain seated, Haseena needs our help and we will reach there in a minute"

wait. "our" help?

"Vyom listen to me, this is not the time to show your heroism okay? I'll go.. I dont need to burden you and it will unnecessarily spoil your day"

But he didnt listen and kept on driving. He just asked me the directions and I softly told him. I understood This was not the right time to argue with him. Haseena needed me.

He drove as fast as he could, and we reached there in 5 minutes.

With one hand I unfastened my seatbelt and with the other I dialled Haseena.

She didnt pick up, causing my anxiety to grow worse.

I noticed Vyom had held the car's door open for me as I rushed out of the car and into the hospital.

We reached the receptionist and I asked
"Ma'am there was a patient admitted named Noor Jaan?"

"Yes ma'am, please take the lift on your left and go to the first floor. Her room number is 102." The receptionist said with a smile.

In no time we rushed there and I found Haseena sitting outside the room, with her head hung low.

"Haseena!"

She rose up hearing my voice and looked at me with an exhausted look on her face.

"She is fine now. The doctor said her bp went too low, hence she fainted. They are giving glucose to her through syringes. I cant even imagine how painful it must be for her" Haseena told me.

I could feel she was trembling. I pulled her into a warm hug, this was what the time required, and let her rest her head on my chest.

"She will be okay!" I reassured her. I made sure I hide my shivering and the emotional turmoil going inside my head in a pretty good manner.