• 𝐂𝐨𝐧𝐟𝐞𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧

"But... Karishma Singh, before going anywhere I want some answers from you"

"What" I looked at him

"If I go, will you miss me?" he asked looking straight into my eyes.

I chuckled, "what makes you think I wont miss you Vyom."

He stood up and held my hand, pulling me towards himself.

"I'll miss you Karishma" these were the most simple words blurted out of his mouth but they carried some weight.

Vyom came closer and I kissed him. We kept kissing for a few minutes as if demonstrating it through a kiss how much we'll miss each other. Breaking the  kiss I rested my head on his chest and hugged him tightly.

"Come back soon!" I said, my own voice choked in my throat.

"I'll try to" he said smiling.

It was getting late already so I told him that we should go back.

We held each other's hands, and walked towards the parking lot.

"Karishma..."

"hmm?" I said, still drowned in thoughts of Vyom going to Dehradun.

"Karishma what are we? I mean, we are not in any well defined relationship. But we still makeout whenever we meet. Its not even any sort of lust relation between us"

We had almost reached the parking lot but I was silent, trying to comtemplate his question and find an answer.

Shall I confess my love to him? But do I really love him? Is it really love or infatuation. Does he love me back? Will he leave me too?

All these thoughts clogged up my mind.

Vyom pressed the unlock button on his car's key and his car honked, making it easy for us to locate it.

He leaned on the hood of his car, looking keenly at me. "I need an answer Karishma". The look in his eyes made me nervous.

I fidgeted my fingers and before I could say anything he spoke again,
"If I propose you to be my partner forever, right here right now, what will you say"

My heart was beating faster, why did his tone and expression changed so quickly. What was roaming in his mind.

He inched closer to me, smirking. I felt my heart would explode inside my rib cage.
"Karishma Singh...."

"Han?"

"If I tell you that I love you, I love you with all my heart, I love you with all that I have, will you tell me that you love me back?"

I stood still, not able to respond. He removed the strands of hair from my face and cupped it,

"Karishma, I dont know how much you love me, but the universe is well aware of how much I love you. I dont know what future holds for us, I dont know if I will even be alive tomorrow or not. But when I come back home, I wish to come back to you, I wish to hold you in my arms forever. Maybe then all the pain I've endured will have a meaning. Karishma, if in future, you wish to hold someone's hand, will you please hold mine?"

His eyes were searching for an answer in mine, while mine were covered in a pool of tears.

Shit, he just proposed me in the best way possible.

"I am inexpressive Karishma, I dont know how to make the cheesy efforts to woo a girl. I am quite basic. Thats why I confessed my feelings to you, at a place where both you and I feel the most comfortable in. It is, under the moonlight"  Vyom said.