• 𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐥 𝐦𝐞

Enjoy reading ✨

Vyom packed his stuff back in his bag as the man from furniture shop called him to tell that his broken furniture has been fixed and will be sent to his house.

The damps were also fixed. So there was no point living in Karishma's house for more than 2 days now.

Once he finished the packing, he sat down on the edge of the bed and sighed. Karishma and Anubhav had been really sweet to him, and he was super greatful to them.

But he knew he will miss their company. In these few days they bonded well enough. So he thought to say a final goodbye to them and move in the neighbouring house.

Fixing his shirt and hair he stood up and pushed the knob of the door but before he could step forward, he heard something totally strange that made him stand frozen at his place.

"You are a brat!"

"Work on your attitude Karishma. You can't excel in life with this arrogant personality"

"You are just a shameless incapable girl."

"Overpampered too!"

He peeked towards the direction where the voices were coming from and saw Karishma in her living room downstairs.

A bleak view of the room could be seen over the boundary of the upper storey where Vyom was standing.

She stood there, numb. Her hands closed in a tight fist at her back and it looked as if she was trying to control her anger.

The woman in front of her, was middle-aged draped in a sari, and was yelling at her mercilessly.

Karishma avoided looking at the woman's face as she was continuously yelling at her.

Karishma was clearly hurt.

Her expressions said so.

Vyom did not find it decent to intervene into the matter. He was about to close the door when he noticed Karishma turned her back towards the woman to avoid her and flickered her gaze upwards. Her eyes met Vyom's for a fraction of seconds.

She was crying!

"No wonder people leave you Karishma Singh. Having a child like you is itself a burden, anyone would......"

Before the woman could speak further, Anubhav entered the room and stopped her. He gestured Karishma to go back to her room.

Karishma had her teeth clenched in her jaw after the very last statement of the woman.

She stormed into the room. Not much caring about Vyom's presence upstairs.

Vyom went back to his room. No matter how much he convinced his mind not to think much about the matter, but somewhere he wanted to help her.

He hated the scene he saw a few minutes ago.

Seeing a woman being mercilessly yelled at always triggered him as a child, and now as an adult. He had seen enough in his life, enough in his mom's life, enough to be left traumatized. Enough to be easily triggered when such situations took place.

He tried hard, but failed to control his emotions.

He hung his luggage bag on his shoulders, and moved out of the room locking it for the final time.

Swiftly without making much noise, he crept towards Karishma's room.

Vyom knocked at the door twice but got no response.

The third time, a loud voice came from inside.

"Get out!!! I don't wanna talk to anyone" Karishma said in a heavy broken voice. Her voice was sore from the extensive crying.