• 𝐇𝐢𝐬 𝐟𝐞𝐞𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬

"Karishma!" Haseena called her.

She turned around to find Haseena standing near the lift, her look told Karishma how tired and exhausted she was.

"Haseena aap aagyi"

"Haan humne socha Ammi ke paas aa jaye"

Karishma smiled a bit and went inside Ammi's room with Haseena. She sat down quietly with a lot going on in her mind.

She wanted to tell Haseena about the kiss, as she was her best friend. But then she thought of not revealing about it to her.

How can she tell Haseena she kissed a guy while her mother lay asleep in her 'hospital' room. And if she anyday happens to tell her, then what exactly would she define her relationship with Vyom as? One obviously doesnt go kissing random people unless they are already in a relationship.

Haseena noticed Karishma lost in her thoughts but shrugged it off thinking Karishma might just be sleepy thats it. However Karishma was going through a giddy feeling in her stomach, and her heart was drowning at the same time wondering how will she face Vyom and what will happen next.

Vyom on the other hand was going through the same feeling.

—————

Vyom's pov

I was seated in my car parked in the hospital when I saw Haseena's jeep arriving. At first I thought I would go and greet her but the realisation that she will bombard a thousand questions regarding why am I here, and why am I leaving at 3:30 in the night all of a sudden, made me unwilling to go.

My car however was parked in the far edge corner of the parking lot so there was anyway the least chance of Haseena spotting me.

I waited for her to go inside the hospital building, and when she did, I sneakily moved my car out of the parking lot and went away.

The uneasy feeling in my gut was pleading me to stop by and light a cigarette.

I parked my car at the corner of the road again, a few metres away from the hospital. It was the service lane and next to it was a busy road with just trucks moving on with a high speed.

I took a puff of my cigaratte and blew it out, immediately feeling the nerves of my brain calm down.

Then again, the realisation hit my gut and my heart drowned.
'what happened a couple of minutes ago'

I closed my eyes trying to contemplate what actually led us to kiss each other.

I wont lie, I have felt an attraction towards her and that was true, but again, it was just a mere 'attraction'. I never thought I would end up kissing her.

But she felt safe at that moment. She felt like home at that moment.

The very second she kissed me back, I knew it that she was the one. No physical attraction, no lust, it was just at that moment I realised that I was in love with that woman.

How and why I am still unaware of it.

But all the interactions I had with her, all the time I spent with her, from our first meet to making 'kachori' together, the night at the terrace and our first 'date' together, the memories of all of it came rushing to my mind and I realized how fond I grew of Karishma within these days.

I wont lie, even to myself. No 'true' love happens instantly, and its usually known as infatuation at such an early stage, and I would be exaggerating if I said that I was head over heels in love with her.

But I knew at this age it was definitely not some teenage hormones based infatuation. It was something serious, but I didnt have the courage to accept it.

The honking of a truck passing right next to my car brought me back into the real world. I decided to go back home and take a bath to freshen up my mind.

On my way the only picture roaming in my mind was when I first met her, and she lay semi conscious in my car.

I reached home, parked my car and went inside to take a bath and change.  Sleep overtook my senses as soon as I lay on my bed.

The next few days I didnt see Karishma at her house. I used to walk on the terrace, missing her, wondering when she'll be back. I knew Ammi got discharged so she was probably at Haseena's home.

Today while I was talking to maa, I saw Anubhav's car parked infront of his house. My heartbeat dropped when I thought Karishma would be back too. But she wasnt, I stood for hours in my balcony and then on the terrace hoping to catch a glimpse of her, but I didnt see her. 

Hopeless, I lay on the bed with one hand supporting the back of my head and with the other I held my phone, wondering if I should text or call her, or give her some space. It was then when the doorbell suddenly rang.

I rushed to the door hoping it was her but all in vain when I saw Anubhav standing at my door. "Vyom" he said with a hint of excitement in his voice.

"Haanji"

"I got promoted, hence I have organized a small party at home. You are warmly invited to the party please come. Tomorrow evening 8pm"

"sure I will Mr. Singh" well I saw this as an opportunity to ask about Karishma's whereabouts. "Umm.. is Ammi alright?"

"yeah she is.. Karishma is with her at her home" he answered my question before I could ask him. 

"so she wont be present tomorrow"

"she will be, she is coming back tonight"

I smiled inwardly and then talking after a few minutes Anubhav left.

NEXT EVENING.

I saw the party lights lit up their house as soon as the sun set in. I wore a black shirt that was fitting my muscular body and kept the top few buttons opened. I had tucked my shirt in black pants and paired it with some gold rings and my favorite metallic watch, and found it best to not go with the clean-shaven look. I sprayed perfume on my collar, chest and wrist right beneath my watch. 

I picked up the small gift for Anubhav and walked towards their house.

As I went in, I was greeted by Anubhav, and a couple of his friends who were serving the nation in some way or the other. Some were in the army while some in the navy. I felt proud to be the only one from Air force. 

My eyes however were scanning the crowd to find Karishma.. I looked here and there, and then.. my eyes finally met hers.. She was standing at a corner watching me keenly, dressed in a black bodycon gown. Her hair were falling beautifully over her shoulders and beneath, touching her cheeks in a tender manner, and she was frequently pushing them back behind her ears. To be honest, she looked the most beautiful girl in the world. 

End of chapter.

Aage ki interaction next chapter me, till then take care :)