Chapter 4 Trial (Part 2, END)

POV - Mikado

"Ah... no...?" Sora's voice shook. "Why would you say that?"

"Only one person filled in the pie." Nikei explained.

"No!" I said, gripping the edges of my podium. "Sora can't the culprit! !"

Silence.

Everyone turned to look at me.

Did I just swear?

"What?!"

"WHAT?!"

"I beg your pardon?!"

"Excuse me...?!"

"Miss Sora is your sister?!"

Sora leaned on her podium. "I kinda saw this coming." She said. "You were on my side during the third scrum debate, Mikado. My full name... is Sora Sannoji."

The noises of surprise shot through us all like lightning.

"Let me explain." I spoke.

"We were two siblings. Sora was the cute sister, while I was the tough brother. I became a bounty hunter, thanks to my father who's a famous bounty hunter. Sora wasn't one. But her father wanted her to be."

"But what does this have to do with Sora never revealing her last name when we got there?" Nikei asked.

"My father wanted Sora to be a bounty hunter, like me." I spoke solemnly. "But she was more interested in... being a popstar. My dad was pissed when he found out."

"I think I can see where this is going," Syobai cringed.

"She didn't... live up to what he was expecting," I said. "Dad was so pissed that he yeeted my sister out the house."

"Y-yeeted?!" Teruya stammered in horror. I nodded solemnly.

"Yeeted is a nice word for 'disowned'. They haven't spoken since. How long? I don't know." I finished.

Nobody spoke for a while after this revelation, too horrified to even try. Even Nikei struggled to comprehend such depravity.

"So that's why she has no last name!" Iroha finally broke the silence.

"Her backstory sounds like it could have come from a Japanese anime!" Kokoro mused, eyes sparkling.

"I didn't know that the jam was poisoned! I...!" Sora sobbed. Before she could finish her sentence, Sora slammed her face between her hands on her podium. "Oh my god, what have I done?!" she screamed through a sob.

It... It was unintentional... an accidental murder!

"Sora, I think it was you." Mikado said. "Even though you are my beloved sister..."

Sora still sobbed. "It wasn't me!"

How do I get her to back down? I have to stop her from crying.

ARGUMENT ARMAMENT, START!

VS Sora

Sora was now dressed in a hot pink frilly dress with black accents. It must have cost 100 bucks to make that dress, it even had a frilly white collar. Her hair, now down, became tipped with crimson red, and her face gained multiple layers of stage makeup. There was a big hot pink ribbon in her hair. She was holding a microphone, and ready to fight.

Your conclusions are incorrect!

You're falsely accusing me!

It wasn't me you liars!