Chapter 2 -What is this place?-

-Steve's P

-Steve's P.O.V.-

   I was falling, there was furniture that seemed like it was floating as I fell. All I could hear was the sound of my own scream as I plummeted to the bottom of this hole, that was if it ever ended, it felt like I had been falling for a few minutes. I finally stopped screaming cause I was out of breath, I tried looking around to see if there was anything I could use to break my fall, I couldn't see very well but the items I did see I don't think I could grab. I crossed my arms "What am I gonna do? This hole has been such a long drop that if it does end it'll kill me for sure!" And what about Pat? Had he even gone through here? I didn't realize there was a floor getting closer until-

-CRASH-

   "OW FUCK-" I didn't mean to curse but when pain overtook me I couldn't really think about what I was going to say. Surprisingly the pain disappeared as quickly as it came. I tried to gather my senses and look around, making me notice 'Am I... on the ceiling? Or is the room upside down...' I tried to get up but gravity seemed to flip as I was sent falling to the floor 'Oh crap I'm gonna fall back through the hole!' But instead my back hit the ground, the hole was gone! "Wait...how am I going to get back?!" I started to panic a little. Looking at my surroundings I saw I was in a room with a few doors, a curtain and a glass table. The doors and curtain were only on half of the room, I checked the doors but all of them were locked.

   I headed over to the table "Oh the key! I wonder which door it goes to?" I picked up the key and tried the doors once again, it didn't work for any of them. 'What use is this key if it doesn't unlock any of the doors?' I then remembered the curtain, could there be a door behind it? I bounded over to the curtain and swung it open, I was greeted by a wall "Why would the be a random curtain if-" when I looked down I was surprised to see a small door, I crouched down to see if the key unlocked this door... It worked! But how was I meant to fit? I tried to see if I could fit, but I could only get my head through.

   "Oh what am I gonna do?" I stood up to look around the room again, something changed though, there was a small glass bottle on the table. 'How odd...that wasn't there before...' there was a tag attached to it, I went over to read it. I placed the key down on the table and picked up the bottle, taking the tag in my other hand, it read 'Drink me'. "Hmm... I don't know, should I? It's not like I have much to lose..." I opened the bottle and took a small sip.

   After swallowing the liquid my body felt weird, actually...my clothes felt looser too... I looked at the hand that held the bottle, was the bottle getting bigger? I looked down at myself- was I getting smaller?! I quickly put the bottle on the ground by the table, my clothes were covering me completely.

-The pile of clothes moved around as Steve emerged. He was now in a blue version of his regular outfit, it confused him, how could shrinking give him a new outfit? He wasn't complaining about it though, at least he had new clothes that fit him.-

-Third P

-Third P.O.V.-

   Steve looked at his new outfit in surprise and confusion. "This is all so strange, it's making me all curious!" He then remembered the door, he was small enough to fit now! He ran over to the door moving the handle... It was locked again. 'Oh no...where did I put the key?' He went back over to the table to see if he put it next to the bottle, he didn't. He sighed, looking up through the glass table to see the key, he left it there when he drank the bottle.

   He was about half the size of the table, he tried to climb up and grab the key only to fail. Giving up he sat under the table. "Just great...I'm so dumb, why didn't I grab the key when I could?" Steve then noticed something out of the corner of his eye, a box with something inside, it was tiny so he had no idea if it had been there before. It was close to him so he picked it up, it wasn't much bigger than his hand. Upon opening it he was greeted with some cake cookie of sorts, it had 'Eat me' written on it in frosting.

   He moved from under the table 'If this turns me back to normal size I wouldn't want to hit my head' when he figured he was far enough from the table he took a bite from the cookie, then placing it in it's box. His body once again felt strange, he was now growing, leaving the box on the ground. When he was his normal height he thought he would stop growing, but he kept getting bigger. "Oh my... this is a little bigger than I was expecting..." He was now almost too big for the room.

   He softly pushed the key off the table, onto the floor

   He softly pushed the key off the table, onto the floor. 'Is there any more of the shrinking stuff in the bottle?' He was able to grab it, bringing it to his face to drink what was left. He started to shrink once again, till he was half the size of the glass table. "Okay, now I have the key! Let's go!" He walked over to the door with the key in his arms, with a little struggle he managed to get the it in the key hole. With all the strength he could muster he turned the key, unlocking the door.

-Steve's P.O.V.-

   I opened the door, walking through I was taken aback by the sight of huge flowers and mushrooms, the grass was taller than me as well! And don't get me started on the hight of those trees! I looked around amazed 'This is so cool! I need to find Pat though... that will be hard to do while I'm this small' but something else felt wrong, this didn't seem at all like my world...did I somehow travel to a different dimension? "What is this place? And where am I now?..."

-Where are we now? And will Steve ever get out? Let's see...-