Chapter 11 -Split up and captured-

(No picture for this one, didn't know what to draw)

-Third P.O.V.-

   The sleeping group was startled when Cheshire hurriedly woke them. "Up up up, we gotta go!" Once they all got up, and Dormouse climbed onto Molten's back, they were ushered to start moving by Cheshire. The walking pace they started at began to quickly speed up. Hatter had started to hear footsteps behind them. "The guards. Come on everyone, we've got to run!" Molten was at the front of the group, Baby held on tight so she didn't fall off. Pat was right behind, he had grabbed Steve's hand to help him keep up. Righty and Lefty were in front of Bryan, who was making sure no one fell behind.

   They were running for awhile, Cheshire trying to listen for they're pursuers. Hatter and Cheshire noticed that the group in between the two of them started to slow down, they couldn't run much longer. The trees above they're heads stopped them from seeing the mountains that were by the kingdom, they had been run into a corner. The group stopped when they came face to face with the rocky surface, it being far to steep to climb. Molten's ears twitched, the guards were getting closer. He thought for a second before he put baby down and vanished. Dum looked startled at this. "Cheshire ditched us! What are we going to do?!" Hatter looked around, noticing the Alice had disappeared from next to him. A realization hit him. "No, he has a plan, and we have to stall." The group was hesitant but nodded.

   Hatter helped Dormouse onto his hat as the guards emerged from the forest, a horridly familiar face to him moved to the front on horseback. Hatter ushered the rest of the group to get behind him. Glitch and the other guards surrounded them. The horse Glitch was on slowed to a stop, allowing him to get off. "Well hello Glitchy, been awhile hasn't it?" "Mad Hatter, let's skip the pleasantries, where is the Alice?" The Hatter played dumb. "An Alice? You sure you haven't gone mad friend? There hasn't been any Alice here in Wonderland for over six years." The yellow rabbit rolled his eye. "I'm aware, but we have pictures of this Alice, and the guard that took them said you were with it."

   The Hatter got a bit nervous but continued. "Well if I was with an Alice according one of your guard buddies, then why am I not with that Alice now? I know I certainly wouldn't leave someone all on their lonesome, not in this forest." The purple eyed rabbit scanned the small group behind the Hatter. "You had six others traveling with you before, you seem to be missing two." Glitch got closer to them. "So, I'll ask you again, where is the Alice?" The Hatter stepped back a little. "I don't know." The darkness under his eyes grew a bit.

   Glitch glared before speaking again "Cease these five." The guards immediately began to swarm them. Hatter tried fighting them off, only to be piled onto, being shackled and muzzled, they had cuffs that wouldn't allow him to use his claws to fight back. When he tried using his tail to hit them it got held down. Glitch approached him with something in hand, when Hatter tried to attack again he jabbed the object into Hatter's back, sending powerful shocks through his body causing him to scream in pain. He fell limp once the object was taken off his back. The others had also been shackled, Dormouse was put in a cage. "Alright, this one will have to be dragged, we head back to the kingdom." Glitch got back on his horse, leading the guards and the prisoners to the kingdom.

-Steve's P.O.V.-

   We are cornered! What are we going to do?! I heard Dum say something. "Cheshire ditched us! What are we going to do?!" 'What? He wouldn't do that-' I wasn't able to finish my thought before I found myself somewhere completely different, and none of the others were in sight. "W-what?! Where am I? Where are the others?!" I heard panting behind me and a voice. "Relax Steve....I just teleported us....far enough....away...." Cheshire looked exhausted. "What about the others? Aren't you going to get them too?" He shook his head. "Steve...I teleported us...as far away as....I could....that in itself....took all my energy...."

   'Oh, that's right. I forgot he can only teleport certain distances... he doesn't look too good.' I knelt down by him. "Are you gonna be okay?" He nodded. "I'll be fine...I'm just tired..." I looked around, I still had no clue where we were. Cheshire probably assumed what I was going to ask. "We are in the kingdom.... This is the part of the park Hatter was talking about." I nodded but then my mind went back to the others, what was going to happen to them. "Do you think the others will be alright...?" He gave me a soft smile. "They have Hatter, they will be fine."

   I was still worried but I nodded, I sat next to Cheshire, he rapped a tail around me. I myself was tired from all the running. "We will rest here for a bit, then we will try and get into the castle." I was fine with the idea of rest, I leaned on his soft shoulder. I wanted to nap but a question poked at my mind. "Hey Cheshire? Last night... I remember you said you were thinking back on memories when you zoned out. What were those memories? It seemed like it was before you met Hatter." He looked down at me. "Well you're observant aren't you? But yes, it was someone I knew before Hatter..." The conformation of that got me curious. "Can you tell me about them?"

   His face turned to a frown. "That's a story for another time... All I'll say now is that they left me to die, after all we did together he just left me behind..." Sorrow filled me 'That's just horrible... Why would someone do that to him?' I hugged him from the side. I felt his paw on my head, ruffling my hair.

-Oh dear, looks like our friends have been split up. I wonder if Steve and Cheshire will be able to save the others before they lose they're heads.-